WASHINGTON, July 11, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Centerstone Executive Search and Consulting, a national, retained search firm, announces the availability of its newest whitepaper, “Hacking the Cyber Security Talent Shortage.” Written by Jim Donnelly, managing director of Centerstone’s Aerospace, Defense and Security practice, the white paper explores ways businesses in the commercial and government sectors can place qualified, experienced people in cyber security roles, despite a talent shortage. In an environment of increasingly volatile global data security conditions with high stakes, it’s becoming increasingly important to fill these roles quickly, with the right people.
Jim Donnelly, managing director, Centerstone Executive Search and Consulting, said, “Many talent acquisition leaders continue to focus on a traditional, just-in-time recruiting approach of buying skills. Unfortunately, when those skills are in short supply or still evolving in the market, the talent pool remains inaccessible and companies are forced to think outside the box. To find the right people, particularly at the senior executive level, businesses and contractors must modernize their search approach and develop an effective talent acquisition strategy that quickly and efficiently identifies the best talent for the job.”
Throughout “Hacking the Cyber Security Talent Shortage,” Donnelly reveals essentials to modernizing current approaches to recruiting, including:
- Effectively adjusting search criteria: By widening the lens, organizations have a better chance of finding the right people with the right experience.
- Utilizing a current network of contacts: Tapping into the professional networks of existing employees with referral programs creates a pre-qualified pool of potential candidates.
- Prioritizing retention: It is important to maintain effective retention programs that include continuing education, job rotation opportunities, decreased benefit premiums, etc.
By implementing the ideas presented in this white paper, businesses can develop an effective talent acquisition and development strategy, and reduce churn rate, to position themselves for success.
- Download the White Paper “Hacking the Cyber Security Talent Shortage”: http://www.centerstonesearch.com/insights/hacking-the-cyber-security-talent-shortage.html
- For more information about Centerstone Executive Search and Consulting: www.centerstonesearch.com.
About Centerstone Executive Search and Consulting
Centerstone Executive Search and Consulting (Centerstone) offers executive search services at the board director and C-suite level, contemporary leadership and organizational consulting solutions, and a range of board services. Founded in 1998, the specialty boutique firm partners with businesses ranging from new ventures to Fortune 500 companies in retail, wholesale, digital/e-commerce, hospitality, healthcare, aerospace, defense and security sectors. With offices in Washington, D.C.; New York; Philadelphia; Charleston, South Carolina; Seattle and Los Angeles, the national, retained firm consistently delivers excellence in leadership selection and development, board services and organizational effectiveness. For more information, visit www.centerstonesearch.com.
DPR Group, Inc.