The “Data Governance Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The data governance market is expected to register a CAGR of over 21.44%, during the forecast period, 2021 – 2026, and it is expected to reach a value of USD 5.28 billion by 2026.
The amount of data created by devices is nearly 100 times greater than the amount of data stored, according to the Cisco Global Cloud Index. According to Forbes, there are 2.5 quintillion bytes of data created each day at the current pace, but that pace is only accelerating the growth of the Internet of Things (IoT).
According to the Aureus Analytics report, the world’s data volume is expected to grow by 40% per year and 50 times by 2020. Human and machine-generated data are experiencing an overall growth of data, 10 times larger than traditional business data. With the growing new technologies, such as IoT and the artificial intelligence companies, such as Walmart, are adopting data governance solutions to ensure enterprise data is authorized and organized in a database, with as few errors as possible while maintaining, both privacy and security.
Growing regulatory and compliance mandates are also expected to boost the demand for the data governance market. One such example is GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), which was passed into UK law through the Data Protection Act 2018, that strengthens data protection provisions for all European Union data subjects. The regulation was enforced in May 2018.
According to EOL IT Services, the biggest challenges in Data Governance for 2018 is employee compliance, ie, ensuring that employees comply with overall data strategy, something often borne out by a lack of understanding rather than a lack of desire.
Key Market Trends
Healthcare Sector Leads the Market in Europe and North America Region
- IoT has a lot of applications in healthcare, from remote monitoring to medical device integration. It also has the potential to not only keep patients healthy and safe but also to improve how physicians deliver care, as well.
- But, IoT also brings along with it the need for data governance for the healthcare sector, as the industry struggle with the massive amount of data produced by sensors, wearables, remote monitors, and other medical devices.
- According to European Telecommunications Network Operators’ Association (ETNO), the number of IoT units in healthcare in the European Union (EU) is expected to increase year-on-year.
- The US healthcare regulation, HIPAA, provides protection over patients’ data. Securing patients’ private medical history and health records are of the utmost importance within the healthcare market.
Asia-Pacific to be the Fastest Growing Market
- The region of Asia-Pacific is projected to be the fastest-growing region for the data governance market, owing to the growing technology expenditures in economies, such as China, India, Singapore, and Australia. The demand for cost-effective data management and governance solutions and services among small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) are further driving the demand for the data governance market in the region.
- Solidatus, a provider of a data lineage and business relationship mapping solution, opened an office in Singapore to address the demand in the Asia-Pacific region markets.
- With vast amounts of data being created every day, Japanese Prime Minister, Shinzo Abe, declared, in February 2019, that the next G-20 summit should wrestle with how to manage that digital information.
- The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is causing Asia-Pacific to reassess their data strategy and ensure they can earn the trust of consumers who are increasingly wary of how their data is being used.
As data governance is the key to delivering trust and compliance, every organization needs to derive real value from its data. The market is fragmented with the companies entering into strategic mergers and acquisitions, to leverage the growing demand for data governance solutions.
Key Topics Covered:
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Rising Regulatory and Compliance Mandates
4.2.2 Increasing Growth of Data Volume to Provide Immense Opportunity
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Varying Structure of Regulatory Policies and Data Address Validation
4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.5 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Deployment
5.2 By Organisation Size
5.2.1 Large Scale Business
5.2.2 Small and Medium Scale Business
5.3 By Component
5.4 By Business Function
5.4.1 Operation and IT
5.4.4 Other Business Functions
5.5 By End User
5.5.1 IT and Telecom
5.5.6 Other End Users
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Collibra Inc.
6.1.2 SAS Institute Inc.
6.1.3 TIBCO Software Inc.
6.1.4 SAP SE
6.1.5 Alation Inc.
6.1.6 Alfresco Software Inc.
6.1.7 Informatica Corporation
6.1.8 Broadcom Inc. (Symantec Corporation)
6.1.9 IBM Corporation
6.1.10 Oracle Corporation
6.1.11 Talend Inc.
6.1.12 Varonis Systems Inc.
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/c6o1h
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900