The “MEMS-based Oscillator Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The MEMS-based Oscillator market was valued at USD 163.9 million in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 721.33 million by 2026, at a CAGR of 27.89% over the forecast period 2021 – 2026.
Oscillators are electronic circuits used to generate an electrical signal of a particular frequency by utilizing the vibrating crystal’s (piezoelectric material) mechanical resonance. MEMS oscillators are complete timing systems based on a programmable architecture. It further witnesses significant demand being aided by improved functionality, enhanced performance, and electronic device miniaturization.
Key Market Trends
Consumer Electronics Industry is Expected to Drive the Market Growth
- The frequent new launches of consumer electronics products are expected to fuel the market for MEMS-based oscillators. With applications across smartphones, and wearables, and the drive to enable smaller, lower power IoT enabled devices, significant growth in MEMS-based oscillators is expected.
- The consumer markets have been observing an increased demand for activity trackers by the rising number of units being shipped per year, followed by smartwatches, wearable cameras, and smart glasses. These devices are being enabled by advancement across MEMS technology to simplify timing solutions and wireless connectivity.
- Innovations across MEMS timing technology is also making significant contributions to physical space and power savings in wearable applications, whilst improving reliability. Cost, in such cases, presents significant challenges as the segment falls into the consumer category. With the advent of 5G network rollouts, particularly in consumer markets, the demand for compacter, higher frequency enabled, and less timing slop-based MEMS oscillators for consumer electronics is expected to grow.
- Multiple vendors in the market studied are offering allied timing solutions. For instance, in January 2020, Abracon launched its Ultra-Low Jitter AK2 ClearClock Oscillators for compact networking applications. This release has been mainly in line with offering compacter oscillators. The demand for next-generation data rate clocking requirements for applications, like optical modules, small video cameras, and active cables, is increasing.
- Another critical aspect being driven by 5G across consumer electronic applications of MEMS-based oscillators is the need for extended battery life through low current consumption. Development of low frequency, low power timekeeping devices are demanded across mobile devices where the device is continuously ON for timekeeping or controlling sleep modes.
The major players include SITime Corporation, Microchip Technology Inc., Vectron International Inc., Abracon Holdings, LLC, TXC Corporation, IQD Frequency Product Ltd, amongst others. There is high competition among major players due to the boom of automation, mainly in the automotive sector in this industry. The major players are spending more on R&D, which in return, create high competition in the market.
Key Topics Covered:
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Assessment of COVID-19 Impact on the MEMS Oscillator Market
4.5 Key Considerations on Adopting MEMS Oscillators (To include coverage on the utilization of MEMS Oscillators in Reducing Time-to-Market and Project Cost)
5 MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Advancement in Silicon-based Manufacturing and Packaging Techniques
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Complex Designs Leading to High R&D Costs
5.3 Market Opportunities (Emergence of 5G for Better Timing)
6 MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Type
6.1.1 Temperature Compensated Oscillator (TCXO)
6.1.2 Spread Spectrum Oscillator (SSXO)
6.1.3 Voltage Control Oscillator (VCXO)
6.1.4 Frequency Select Oscillator (FSXO)
6.1.5 Digitally Controlled Oscillator (DCXO)
6.1.6 Other Types
6.2 By End-user Industry
6.2.2 Aerospace & Defense
6.2.3 Consumer Electronics
6.2.4 Medical & Healthcare
6.2.5 Other End-user Industries (Telecom and Networking, Research and Measurement, Industrial)
7 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Maxim Integrated Products Inc.
7.1.2 Microchip Technology Inc.
7.1.3 Kyocera Corporation
7.1.4 Renesas Electronics Corporation
7.1.5 Abracon LLC
7.1.6 TXC Corporation
7.1.7 SiTime Corporation
7.1.8 Daishinku Corp.
7.1.9 Rakon Limited
7.1.10 Raltron Electronics (Rami Technology USA LLC)
8 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9 FUTURE OF THE MARKET
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/7jqryp
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900