Mountain View, CA, July 11, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — To scale and meet customer demand, companies are building applications and services with increasingly disaggregated architectures that each have tens to hundreds of network accessible, programmable endpoints. Ballerina is the new open source, cloud native programming language optimized for integrating apps and services and the range of endpoints they encompass—from APIs to events, data streams, microservices, serverless apps, and other digital assets. To provide developers with best practices in using Ballerina, the Ballerina project team is hosting Ballerinacon 2018. The one-day event will be held July 18, 2018 at the Park Central Hotel, San Francisco. It will also be livestreamed. For more information, visit https://con.ballerina.io/.
Ballerinacon 2018 is focused on introducing developers to the Ballerina language and providing insights into how it can be used to build integrated apps and services in highly disaggregated architectures. The event will begin by providing an overview of Ballerina, a compiled, transactional, statically and strongly typed programming language with textual and graphical syntaxes. It also will examine how to utilize the fundamental concepts of distributed system integration that are built into the language, which offers a type safe, concurrent environment to implement microservices with distributed transactions, reliable messaging, stream processing, and workflows.
The interactive Ballerinacon 2018 sessions will include:
- Ballerina: Cloud Native Programming Language, Paul Fremantle, CTO, WSO2
- Service Mesh in Practice, David Munro, Senior Product Manager, Istio/Google, and Kasun Indrasiri, Director – Integration Architecture, WSO2
- Test Driven Development for Microservices Coding, Lynn Langit, Cloud Architect and Technical Author, and Tyler Jewell, CEO, WSO2
- Serverless Ballerina, Rodric Rabbah, Co-founder, CASM LLC; Adnan Abdulhussein, Software Engineer, Kubeless/Bitnami; and Amila Maha Arachchi, Director – Engineering, WSO2
- Observability with Ballerina, Nathan LeClaire, Senior Engineer, Honeycomb, and Anjana Fernando, Director – Engineering, WSO2
- Microservice Integration & Ballerina, Sameera Jayasoma, Director – Platform Architecture, WSO2
- Service Resiliency with Ballerina, Afkham Azeez, Senior Director – Platform Architecture, WSO2
- Cloud Native Programing with Docker and Kubernetes, Lakmal Warusawithana, Senior Director – Cloud Architecture, WSO2
- Ballerina Development Lifecycle and Tools, Joseph Priyanga, Architect/Associate Director, WSO2
- Ballerina and Security, Ayoma Wijethunga, Associate Technical Lead, WSO2
- Stream Processing with Ballerina, Sriskandarajah Suhothayan, Director – Engineering, WSO2
Ballerina is a simple programming language whose syntax and platform address the hard problems of integration. Ballerina is a general purpose, concurrent, transactional, statically and strongly typed programming language with both textual and graphical syntaxes. It brings fundamental concepts, ideas and tools of distributed system integration into the language. These include distributed transactions, reliable messaging, stream processing, workflows and container management platforms. Ballerina is an open source project under the Apache 2.0 license and is developed by the Ballerina community. To learn more about the language and growing Ballerina community, visit https://ballerina.io.
Trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
Shifali Erasmus Kinetic.PR, LLC for Ballerina email@example.com Mobile: 650-544-6424