Taipei, Taiwan, June 22, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Appricate Taipei Computer Association (TCA) gave AOPEN opportunity to exhibit at 2018 Computex Taipei. Following the success of the AOPEN Solid State Device product lines (Chrome, Windows, Linux), AOPEN introduces greater control to its devices with a new edge control feature on select devices launching over the COMPUTEX – Taiwan Cloud Expo.
The AOPEN Edge Control feature is a simple, powerful system that offers management and monitoring capabilities – reducing operating costs and improving efficiency for end users.
Key features include:
- Super RTC – for enhanced schedules. To schedule power on and off for differend days and times
- EDID Emulator – solving screen resolution issues and to avoid black screens
- System Data Record – recording important system information (e.g. version, name, date of repair).
- HDMI Signal Detection – determining front-end problems to enable rapid processing
- (optional) IR Remote Controller – Controlling system power on/off or BIOS settings if the unit is located on hard to reach places.
- Hardware-based control and recovery
Launching first with the Digital Engine® DE3450, the Edge Controle option complements the ultra-slim cost-effective commercial media player with industrial grade power that is easy to manage and deploy.
The latest AOPEN Digital Engine® DE3450 is powered by Intel® Apollo Lake Quad Core CPU, with HDMI 2.0. It runs Ultra HD (4K2K @ 60p) video for realistic visuals and an immersive digital experience. The DE3450 dual-screen output also supports HEVC / H.265 (10 bit) and VP9 Video playback specifications.
Designed with an ultra-slim form factor, the AOPEN DE3450 is quiet and computationally efficient. Its Watchdog Timer detects and recovers from any malfunctions. The shock-proof DE3450 effectively resists pollution and other environmental stresses – offering security, reliability, and durability.
“Over its 20-plus years, AOPEN has refined electric and mechanical technology, working closely with partners and customers to develop key features and support ease-of-use. With its Edge Control capabilities, we are confident that the addition of the DE3450 to the AOPEN product portfolio will meet and exceed market expectations. AOPEN continues to be committed to providing customers with quality solutions, integrating innovative device function modules to enhance overall efficiency,” says by Stan Tsui, Head of Channel and Customer Div. of AOPEN, AOPEN.
In addition, the DE3450 dual LAN and dual antenna-hole design meets different customer network architecture needs and supports IoT-related applications. It also uses validated encryption keys that bring extra security to the device.
AOPEN DE3450 features
A value range device with UHD playback and excellent connectivity
- Supports Ultra HD(4K2K) resolution and HEVC/H.265 & VP9 high-definition video playback
- Second HDMI port for extended video output
- Dual Giga LAN wifi antenna makes it a perfect solution for IoT gateway applications
- HDMI 2.0 for smooth transmission quality
An ultra-thin and fan-less design, which ensures durability and safety
- Handles vibrations, shocks and fluctuating temperatures with ease, due to its fan-less design and solid-state disk (SSD)
- Supports TPM 2.0, the use of validated encryption key brings extra security to your device
- Watchdog timer for device monitoring and control
Founded in 1996, AOPEN is today a major global electronics manufacturer and a thought leader in digital signage.
Specialising in multi-platform, ultra-small form factor computing for both home and business, AOPEN works with a wide range of partners – from hardware to software and services. Through these partnerships, AOPEN creates advanced digital display solutions for many of the world’s top brands.
AOPEN has a presence in over 100 countries. AOPEN customers and partners range from government and financial institutions to retailers, retail design firms, strategic consultants, and branding agencies.
About Taipei Computer Association (TCA)
One of the organizers of COMPUTEX TAIPEI and the largest industrial organization in Taiwan. Established in 1974, TCA has nearly 4,000 corporation members engaged in fields such as software, hardware, and network communication service.
Media Contacts: Amy Huang firstname.lastname@example.org Wilson Lai email@example.com