The “Belgium Gift Card and Incentive Card Market Intelligence and Future Growth Dynamics (Databook) – Market Size and Forecast (2015-2024) – Covid-19 Update Q2 2020” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
In value terms, the gift card market in Belgium has recorded a CAGR of 14.2% during 2015-2019.The gift card industry in Belgium will continue to grow over the forecast period and is expected to record a CAGR of 8.9% during 2020-2024. The gift card market in the country will increase from US$ 1286.9 million in 2019 to reach US$ 1844.1 million by 2024.
Gift card industry in Belgium has been impacted in the second quarter of 2020 due to reduced celebrations. The author expects a bounce back towards end of third quarter. However, impact on gift card sector due to socio-economic environment driven by Covid-19 outbreak is expected to be less than overall gifting industry. This also means that gift card penetration in Belgium will increase more than previous forecast.
Over the medium to long term, value proposition and growth dynamics of gift card industry remains steady
The broader growth in the gift card industry has been supported by growing popularity of digital gift cards. Another factor that is driving the growth of the gift card market in Belgium includes the corporate acceptance of the gift card. In particular, players are focusing on offering value added solutions to increase market share in corporate segment. It is critical for companies to design a flexible solution which can be modified to comply with country specific regulations concerning extra-legal benefits for employees.
In Belgium, Monizze is one of the leading third party players in the gift card industry that provides gift vouchers to employers and individuals. Monizze offers 3-in-1 card that contains 3 extra-legal benefits (meal, eco and gift vouchers).
Apart from this, the ability to buy bitcoins using Amazon and other gift cards are also likely to boost the growth of the gift card market in the country.
There is growing usage of gift cards as a way to trade in bitcoins. Some of the key players that offer gift cards for buying cryptocurrencies include paxful.com and bit4coin.net.
This report provides a detailed data centric analysis of gift cards and corporate incentive cards market along with consumer behaviour and retail spend dynamics in Belgium. With over 200 KPIs at country level, this report provides comprehensive understanding of gift and incentive card market dynamics.
Below is a summary of country level trend analyses covered across gift card segments:
- Total gift market: This report provides detailed view of overall spend on gifts, broken down by retail and consumer segments. For both retail and consumer segments, this report provides a breakdown of spend on gifts by product categories (13 segments) and retail sectors (7 segments).
- Gift cards: Drawing from proprietary survey results, this report provides in-depth analysis of opportunities in both open loop and closed loop prepaid gift card categories. Assesses consumer behaviour by type of consumer (retail and corporate – SMB, Mid-Tier, Large Enterprise), gifting occasion, digital gift card (e-gift card), and market share by retail sectors.
- Details six essential KPIs: number of cards in circulation, load value, unused value, average purchase value, average value per transaction, and value of transactions.
- Corporate incentive & loyalty cards: This report provides detailed market dynamics of corporate incentive cards, broadly segmented in three categories – consumer incentive card, employee incentive card, and sales/partner incentive card. It details market size and forecast at category level, by functional attribute (open loop and closed loop), and by corporate consumer segments (small scale business, mid-size business, and enterprise business).
- Digital gift card (e-gift card) analysis: Provides market size and forecast for digital gift cards, broken down by retail and corporate buyers. It also includes gift card spend by occasion (retail – festivals & special celebration days, milestone celebration, self-use, other; Corporate incentive cards -consumer incentive card, employee incentive card, and sales/partner incentive card). The report also includes digital gift card adoption by company size.
- Open loop and closed loop: Provides market estimates and forecasts to assess opportunities in open loop and closed loop gift and incentive card segments across consumer segments.
- Consumer attitude and behaviour: Drawing from proprietary survey results, this report identifies and interprets key KPIs related to gift card dynamics including spend by age, gender, and income level.
- Retail spend: Breaks down retail spend across retail sectors (7 segments) to provide detailed insights on consumer behaviour and changing dynamics of gift card spend.
- Market share by retailer: Provides market share of closed loop gift cards by key retailers in Belgium.
- Distribution channel analysis: Provides market share by distribution channel – online vs offline sales and 1st party vs 3rd party sales (sales through outlet of other retailers).
- Etn Franz Colruyt NV
- Delhaize Group Sa
- Aldi Group
- Inter Ikea Systems BV
- Blokker Nederland BV
- Aveve Nv
- C&A Mode AG
- Krefel NV
- Intergamma BV
- Oxylane Group
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/odpsa8
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900