Numinus Wellness Inc. (“Numinus”), recently listed on the TSX Venture Exchange (TSX-V: NUMI), is pleased to report its near-term goals to advance our mission to address the universal desire to heal.
For 2020, the company plans to upgrade its lab and processing facilities (for both cannabis and psychedelic substances), seek additional licences related to psychedelic substances and cannabis products, identify and build out a second wellness centre and develop psychedelic therapy protocols.
Numinus believes the societal costs of mental illness, addictions, trauma and unmet human potential are much too high. New approaches and new ways of thinking are required to supplement existing options, including the application of psychedelic assisted therapies when approved by regulators.
“We are not a concept. We are a growth story,” says Numinus CEO Payton Nyquvest. “That means executing on our business plan and advancing each piece of our value chain — one we have in place today.”
Numinus Bioscience, through its wholly-owned subsidiary Salvation Botanicals, has a 7,000 square foot laboratory located in Nanaimo, B.C. and is licensed by Health Canada to test, sell, distribute, and eventually conduct research on psychedelic substances, as well as test and analyze cannabis products. Numinus Wellness is dedicated to therapies that enhance and supplement existing options for people wanting lasting physical, mental and emotional health — with psychedelic treatments at its core when approved for therapeutic and research use. Numinus R&D is creating partnerships with leading research groups to advance practice and understanding in the space. Company plans for 2020 include:
- Upgrade existing laboratory and processing facilities including systems, instruments and the building to obtain GMP compliance to facilitate R&D and clinical studies
- Amend dealer’s license under Health Canada’s Controlled Substances Act to include import/export, packaging and R&D
- Identify and build out a purpose-built facility to complement our existing wellness centre. Psychedelic assisted therapies will not be available at the existing centre and will only be available at our purpose-built facility through research or clinical trials once approved by regulators and governing bodies — a process Numinus is helping to support
- Explore potential acquisition of additional existing wellness facilities in North America
- Establish partnerships to advance Psychedelic Therapy Protocol development, under the direction of Numinus Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Evan Wood
- Pursue American and European securities listings to provide investment opportunities for international markets and engage appropriate investor relations groups to support this process
“We are building a solid team to deliver on our business plan,” Nyquvest says. “And, revenue from our existing cannabis testing operations provides us a foundation for growth – differentiating us from others in the psychedelics space. This offering will be strengthened by a standard processing/extraction licence from Health Canada which the Company hopes to be granted in Q4 2020.”
Numinus is a Vancouver-based health care company helping to support the universal desire to heal and be well. Through its wholly-owned subsidiary Salvation Botanicals, Numinus has a Health Canada cannabis testing licence that allows the company to test and analyze cannabis products from licensed producers. In addition, it is a late-stage applicant to receive a Health Canada standard processing licence to produce cannabis products. Numinus, through the same subsidiary, also has a dealer’s licence which allows the company to test, possess, buy and sell MDMA, psilocybin, psilocin, DMT and mescaline. It is seeking to expand the licence to include activities such as import/export, testing and R&D. The expanded licence will allow Numinus to support the growing number of studies on the potential benefits of psychedelic therapies through research projects, product development, and the supply and distribution of these substances. Numinus Wellness is dedicated to therapies that enhance and supplement existing options for people wanting lasting physical, mental and emotional health — with psychedelic treatments at its core when approved for therapeutic and research use. Psychedelics will be part of this offering but will only be available for treatment once approved by regulators and governing bodies — a process Numinus is helping to support. For more information, visit www.numinus.ca.