Victory Square Technologies Inc. (OTCQX: VSQTF) (CSE: VST) today announced that it accomplished over 62% ROI prior to box office revenues after recouping its initial investment for its film ‘What They Had,’ set to be released in theatres on October 19.
Produced by Victory Square Technologies and Unified Film Fund II, the film is based on the Nicholl Fellowship winning script by writer-director Elizabeth Chomko, and stars two times Academy Award and two times Golden Globe Award winner Hilary Swank, two times Primetime Emmy Award winner Blythe Danner, Academy Award nominee Robert Forster, and two times Academy Award nominee Michael Shannon.
“We are incredibly pleased with the outcome of this project. ‘What They Had’ was a great experience that brought together remarkable talent. Our team is thrilled to see their work come to life and get critical recognition,” says Shafin Diamond Tejani, CEO of Victory Square Technologies. “Victory Square Technologies projects continue to show exceptional receptions, perform beyond expectations, and attract A-list talent. This continues to show our shareholders that the model behind the films is viable and profitable given the reach VST has with content.”
Set to be released in Canada and the United States on Oct 19 by Bleecker Street, the film had its world premiere at the Sundance Film Festival earlier this year and was the 2018 Official Selection of both the Sundance Film Festival and the Toronto Film Festival.
“What They Had” centres on a family in crisis. Bridget (Hilary Swank) returns home to Chicago at her brother’s (Michael Shannon) urging to deal with her mother’s (Blythe Danner) Alzheimer’s and her father’s (Robert Forster) reluctance to let go of their life together.
Chomko, a highly-touted actress and playwright, went through something similar with her own grandparents, to whom the film is dedicated.
“What They Had” is a Bleecker Street presentation of a United Pictures in association with Look to the Sky Films and Victory Square Technologies.
- Producers: Sefton Fincham, Keith Kjarval, Bill Holderman, Tyler Jackson.
- Executive producers: Shafin Diamond Tejani, Dean Buchanan, Levi Sheck, Mike Rowe.
- CREW: Director, writer: Elizabeth Chomko. Camera (colour, widescreen, HD): Roberto Schaefer. Editor: Tom McArdle. Music: Danny Mulhern.
- WITH: Hilary Swank, Michael Shannon, Robert Forster, Blythe Danner, Taissa Farmiga, Josh Lucas, Sarah Sutherland, Marilyn Dodds Frank, Aimee Garcia, William Smillie.
- Festival Participation: Sundance Film Festival, Toronto International Film Festival, Breckenridge Film Festival, Aspen Film Festival, Mill Valley Film Festival, Vancouver International Film Festival, Woodstock Film Festival, Chicago International Film Festival, Middleburg Film Festival
- Theatrical Release Date: October 19.
- Sponsored Content Release. Click for Full Disclosure