Victory Square Technologies Inc. (OTCQX: VSQTF) (CSE: VST) today announced that one of its portfolio companies, FansUnite (fansunite.com), has been named a World Poker Tour® (“WPT®”) “Official Partner.” By entering into a strategic partnership with the premier name in internationally televised gaming and entertainment leading innovation in the sport of poker since 2002, FansUnite, will be introduced to millions of poker enthusiasts across the globe.
The World Poker Tour, a poker behemoth known for its work in gaming and entertainment, is now marking its first foray into the blockchain space through a multi-pronged partnership that will see FansUnite integrated into a multitude of WPT’s offerings including: international TV distribution, cross-promotion, and live event activations at WPT events throughout Europe and Asia.
“FansUnite is transforming the sports betting and sports data marketplaces with its proprietary blockchain protocol. This is a continued validation of Victory Square’s strategic direction to invest in sports technology, a sector hungry for innovation that’s experiencing massive growth,” says Shafin Diamond Tejani, CEO of Victory Square Technologies. “With the global reach and influence the partnership with WPT brings to FansUnite, we can expect continued growth and success for this high performing team.”
Poker players can expect to see engaging promotions, such as giveaways, contests, and product showcases at select WPT events throughout Europe and Asia. FansUnite will work in conjunction with WPT’s casino partners to showcase the company’s offerings to players and operators alike.
“Over the last two decades, the World Poker Tour has been at the forefront of gaming entertainment. WPT’s worldwide reach, instant name recognition, hundreds of thousands of players and millions of fans make them the class of their industry,” said FansUnite CEO Darius Eghdami. “This partnership introduces FansUnite to millions of poker enthusiasts across the globe, and gives WPT partners the first look at our industry-changing technology.”
In addition to the sportsbook offering, the FansUnite Protocol serves as the blockchain-based infrastructure for sports data applications, daily fantasy sports and a variety of other applications reliant on sports data.
The multi-pronged partnership will see FansUnite integrated into a multitude of WPT’s offerings, including:
- International TV distribution.
- Showcasing “Plays of the Week” on Heads Up Daily (HUD) on Super Channel in Canada, as well as numerous other appearances across the broadcast. HUD is the multiscreen destination for all things relating to Esports and video game culture.
- Social media cross-promotion.
- On-site promotions and unique player opportunities at WPT events throughout Europe and Asia.
- Joint WPT and FansUnite promotional tie-ins in conjunction with FansUnite official partner Leicester City Football Club of the English Premier League.
- Sponsored Content Release. Click for Full Disclosure