DT Research, the leading designer and manufacturer of purpose-built computing solutions for vertical markets, today announced the DT361AM and DT361AD, 6-inch military-spec rugged handheld tablets that run the Microsoft® Windows® 10 operating system and contain walkie-talkie communication and night vision capabilities. These highly robust, yet compact tablets weighing only one pound are purpose-built for mission-critical environments and designed to secure to a tactical vest for easy access.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210802005158/en/
DT Research DT361AM Handheld Rugged Tablet (Photo: Business Wire)
The DT361AM and DT361AD handheld tablets will be showcased August 2-4th in Booth 1911 at the Sea-Air-Space Conference and Expo in the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center in National Harbor, Maryland. Users appreciate these feature-rich handheld tablets, which have a 6-inch, daylight mode/night vision screen with capacitive multi-touch for ultimate viewing versatility. Military durability IP65 and MIL-STD-810H ratings verify that the tablets will perform well in harsh conditions. DT Research’s signature hot swappable batteries ensure continuous operation, while Intel® 10th Generation Core™ i7 processors deliver high performance and energy efficiency.
“These unique handheld tablets showcase our innovative design capabilities to deliver purpose-built mobile solutions for military tactical operations, law enforcement and other mission-critical field use cases,” said Daw Tsai, President of DT Research. “While working with various U.S. military groups, we saw the need for a small, highly durable device with the robust functionality enabled by Windows® 10, combined with specialty features such as walkie-talkie communication, night vision capabilities and multifactor authorization for enhanced security.”
Purpose-built for Tactical Operations
The DT361AM and DT361AD tablets provide hands-free walkie-talkie communication, enabling a user to easily speak to many people simultaneously through built-in speaker/microphones and effectively communicate in noisy environments. For stealth operations during low-light situations, a luminance night vision screen provides clear readability of the display with the naked eye in dark environments and does not interfere with Night Vision Goggles (NVGs). Users can take advantage of a vest tablet mount, which supports handsfree communication and offers quick access to the device when necessary.
Designed for Mission Critical Environments
The tablets are highly durable and reliable with IP65-rated for water and dust resistance; MIL-STD-810H for shock and vibration protection. The DT361AM and DT361AD are tested to operate in environments 122 degrees Fahrenheit and can be safely stored in temperatures as low as -4 Fahrenheit. The 3100mAh batteries are hot-swappable for 24/7 operation.
Advanced Identity Verification and Security
A built-in Common Access Card (CAC) reader provides two-factor authentication by matching a user’s smart card with a personal identification (PIN) number. CAC readers also meet the requirements for data encryption and digital signature technologies to provide secure logical access to computer systems and networks. The DT361AM and DT361AD tablets are TAA compliant with NIST compliant BIOS.
The DT361AM and DT361AD handheld rugged tablets include a robust set of features and options.
- Ultra Rugged – IP65-rated for water and dust resistance; MIL-STD-810H for shock and vibration protection. Temperature operation: 0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F); storage: -20°C to 60°C (-4°F to 140°F) and humidity 0% – 90% non-condensing. FCC Class B, RoHS compliant.
- Interactive Display with Night Vision Screen – 6 inch LED-backlight screen with capacitive touch and digital pen support. Optional luminance night vision screen with daylight mode 800 nits; NVIS mode: 0 to 20 or 0 to .7 nits. MIL-STD-3009 Class B compliant, providing clear readability of the display with the naked eye in dark environments and does not interfere with Night Vision Goggles (NVGs).
- High Performance and Robust – Microsoft® Windows® 10 IoT Enterprise operating system runs Intel® 10th Generation Core™ i7 processors with a fanless, robust design.
- Smart Card/SD Reader – Built-in, full-slot smart card/Common Access Card (CAC) reader (DT361AM); full-slot SD card reader (DT361AD).
- Wireless Communication – Walkie-talkie communication with a built-in speaker and two microphones. Built-in Wi-Fi 802.11ac, 2.4 GHz/5GHz dual band, and Bluetooth 4.2 LE.
- Vest Mount – Optional vest tablet mount secures device to a tactical vest and provides handsfree operation and quick access.
- Continuous Operation – Hot-swappable battery 7.6V, 3100mAh.
The DT Research DT361AM and DT361AD rugged handheld tablets are immediately available from DT Research’s authorized resellers and partners.
About DT Research
DT Research™, an early Mobile Tablet pioneer and leading designer and manufacturer of purpose-built computing systems for vertical markets, delivers the world’s most comprehensive line of Rugged and GNSS Tablets, Mobile POS Tablets, Convertible Laptops and Medical Computing Solutions. DT Research products are uniquely designed with customizable built-in options assembled in California, providing customers with rapid time-to-market solutions that are TAA compliant. The DT Research family of products is based on embedded computing platforms that power secure, reliable and cost-effective computing. DT Research systems offer computing mobility within industrial and harsh environments through durable solutions with wireless connectivity, high-quality touch displays, and Windows® operating systems. More than 200 organizations across the globe rely on DT Research solutions in industries such as government, healthcare, hospitality, logistics, military, retail and warehousing. DT Research is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California. For more information, visit www.dtresearch.com and follow @dtresearch, #MilitaryTablets, #RuggedTablets and #GNSSTablets.
DT Research and WebDT are trademarks of DT Research, Inc. All other brands and product names may be trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Reichert Communications, LLC
o) 650-548-1002 m) 415-225-2991