Ford Defend Itself in Twitter Against Trump Debate Claims

Ford Motor Co. (NYSE: F) fired back against Donald Trump’s latest attacks on the automaker’s movement of its small car production from the United States to Mexico.

On Monday night’s debate, the Republican nominee once again cited Ford as one example that U.S. jobs are leaving the country and heading to Mexico and China. 

“So Ford is leaving. You see that their small car division leaving. Thousands of jobs leaving Michigan, leaving Ohio. They’re all leaving. And we can’t allow it to happen anymore,” Trump said during the debate.

Ford and Ford’s employees fired back against Mr. Trump’s claim in social media platforms including Facebook (NASDAQ: FB) and Twitter (NYSE: TWTR). They used statistics to defend the company’s reputation, saying that Ford invested $12 billion in U.S. plants and “created nearly” 28,000 jobs in the past five years. 

“Ford has more hourly employees and produces more vehicles in the U.S. than any other automaker.” Ford said in Twitter.

United Auto Workers also fight against Trump in Twitter. “Fact Check: @Ford is not moving jobs out of Michigan. Our agreement secures future product commitments for affected plants. #Debates2016” UAW said.

Trump has been using Ford’s Mexico investment as a key pillar for most of his campaign. Earlier this month, Ford CEO Mark Fields confirmed that the company was moving its small car production to Mexico after 2018.

Leave a Comment