Lake City, Colo., Jan. 02, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Martin Luther King said, “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.” That’s why Green Builder Media’s fourth annual Sustainability Symposium 2020, scheduled on January 20, Martin Luther King Day, will focus on the nexus between sustainability, social equality, and financial abundance. Following is the remarkable lineup of luminaries leading the transition to a sustainable future and their session topics:
- Andrew Winston, Global Sustainability Expert and Author of Green to Gold and The Big Pivot, will speak about sustainability strategies for a changing world;
- Rhianna Gunn Wright, Co-Author of Green New Deal and former Policy Director for New Consensus, will deliver “Climate Action Now,” a session focusing on the fundamentals of the Green New Deal;
- Ed Mazria, founder of Architecture 2030 and internationally recognized architect, author, and educator, will lead the session, “Getting to Zero: The Urgency of Zero Emissions”;
- Building industry experts Sam Rashkin, Department of Energy Chief Architect, and Gene Myers, Founder/CEO Thrive Home Builders, will address how to deliver sustainability;
- Dr. Javon Johnson, Director of African American & African Diaspora studies at UNLV, will deliver a spoken word performance; and
- Heidi Harmon, Mayor of San Luis Obispo, and Kalpana Kotagal, Civil Rights & Employment Litigation Partner at Cohen Milstein and co-author of the “Inclusion Rider,” will host the session, “Sustainability for All: The Nexus Between Sustainability and Social Justice.”
Event In a Nutshell:
What: Sustainability Symposium 2020
When: January 20, one day before the start of Design & Construction Week
Where: Artemus W. Ham Concert Hall on the UNLV Campus
How: Click here to learn more and register.
The Sustainability Symposium 2020 is made possible by generous sponsors: Mitsubishi Electric Trane, DuPont, Jinko Solar, Trane Technologies, and Zappos.
In addition to the symposium, Green Builder Media is hosting a special gala dinner the night before the event (January 19) to celebrate the winners of its annual Home of the Year and Sustainability Awards—a group of building professionals and manufacturers who have solved for many sustainability issues the building industry faces today. Click here for more information on the Gala Dinner. (Click here to learn more about the awards program.)
PRESS PASSES ARE AVAILABLE FOR BOTH THE SUSTAINABILITY SYMPOSIUM AND THE GALA DINNER. Contact: Cati O’Keefe, firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT GREEN BUILDER MEDIA
Green Builder Media is the nation’s leading media company focused on green building and sustainable living, serving more than 200,000 progressive building professionals and millions of consumers who are interested in sustainable living. With a comprehensive suite of content marketing, digital, social, and print media options, high-profile demonstration projects, market intelligence and data services, and live events, Green Builder Media offers a blend of visionary and practical information covering a broad spectrum of topics, including building science, Internet of Things, smart home technologies, building and energy codes, intelligent water, indoor air quality, resilient housing, renewables and clean transportation. The company recently launched COGNITION Smart Data, a pioneering data services offering that combines artificial intelligence technology with user-specific metadata to achieve comprehensive, proprietary market insights.
Cati O'Keefe Green Builder Media 5135320185 email@example.com