The “Automation Testing Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The automation testing market is expected to grow at 14.2% CAGR during the forecast period from 2021 to 2026.
- IBM Corporation
- Micro Focus International plc
- Capgemini SE
- Tricentis USA Corp
- SmartBear Software Inc.
- Parasoft Corporation
- Cigniti Technologies Limited
- Keysight Technologies Inc
- Invensis Technologies Pvt Ltd
- Sauce Labs Inc.
Key Market Trends
IT & Telecommunication Industry is Expected to Hold Significant Share
- With the help of automated testing, IT & telecom organizations can gain quick feedback on the mainframe, and supercharge innovation without having the risk of bottlenecks that disrupt operations, hinder customer experiences or impact enterprise’s revenues. The enterprises can improve quality, velocity, and efficiency on the mainframe while lowering the problems of the shortage of experienced developers.
- In December 2019, a global survey conducted by a US software firm, Compuware, revealed that most enterprises think manual testing is one of the major hindrances to a business’s success. More than 90% of respondents believe automation testing to be the single most crucial factor in accelerating innovation. However, the survey also found that just 7% of enterprises automate tests on the mainframe, indicating the considerable market opportunity for automation testing.
- Moreover, most of the mainframe IT players have the requirement to automate more test cases, as they worry, they will not meet the enterprise’s demand for speed and innovation. Most enterprises focus on the adoption of automation testing, owing to the fears that the customer experiences will suffer due to manual testing practices. In May 2019, Evon Technologies observed the difference between test execution efforts of manual & automation testing. The result has found that, for a test case set of 1,000 Full Regression, manual testing takes 160 hours, and automation testing takes only 16 hours. These results have defined the efficiency of executing automation testing at IT-related software developments.
North America is Expected to Hold Significant Share
- North America is anticipated to hold a significant share in the automated testing market. The primary factor driving the market in the region is the wide-spread presence of the technology providers. In June 2020, Keysight Technologies Inc acquired Eggplant, a software test automation platform provider that uses artificial intelligence (AI) and analytics to automate test creation and test execution. Keysight and Eggplant combine two complementary companies to create an innovative force in the automated software test market across the physical and protocol layers and into the application layers. The acquisition is anticipated to enable bi-directional leverage of measurement technologies between both companies, resulting in increased solution differentiation in the expanded offering.
- Such developments have been ongoing in the region. In August 2019, Tricentis, which has a significant presence in the United States, acquired TestProject, a community-powered automation testing platform designed for Agile teams. As part of the commitment to TestProject, Tricentis plans to invest in R & D to develop advanced products, extend the community, and help software testers enable the best Android and iOS test automation practices.
- With the increasing demand for automated testing in the region, a few players have been introducing new solutions. For instance, in February 2020, Parasoft, at Embedded World, announced the latest Parasoft C/C++ test, a unified C and C++ development testing solution for real-time safety security-critical embedded applications and enterprise IT. According to Parasoft, the new release is estimated to quickly increase the productivity of automated software testing, allowing teams to quickly achieve industry compliance standards.
- The players in the region are also promoting the automation testing upskill programs by offering online courses and other test engineers’ practices. For instance, in December 2019, Applitools, one of the significant functional and visual testing providers backed by visual AI, announced that Test Automation University had crossed the 35,000-student mark. Test Automation University’s instructors have designed a curriculum of 33 courses and 12 unique Learning Pathways to upskill automation testing engineers.
Key Topics Covered:
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
5 MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increasing Demand of Automation Testing Solutions to Provide Seamless Customer Experience
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Rising Complexities to Implement Transition from Manual to Automation Testing Process
6 IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON THE AUTOMATION TESTING MARKET
7 MARKET SEGMENTATION
7.1 Component Type
7.2 End-user Industry
8 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
9 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
10 FUTURE OF THE MARKET
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/hcajc8
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900