The “Global Bioinformatics Market, By Product & Services (Bioinformatics Tools, Bioinformatic Platforms and Bioinformatic Services), By Type (Genomics & Proteomics, Others), By Application, By End User, By Region, Competition, Forecast & Opportunities, 2016-2026” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The Global Bioinformatics Market stood at USD12.37 billion in 2020 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 10.87% to cross USD23.42 billion by 2026.
The Global Bioinformatics Market is driven by the growing applications of bioinformatics in the filed of proteomics, drug discovery, personalized medicine, among others. Additionally, the growing demand for various sequencing techniques especially next generation sequencing is further expected to positively influence the market growth over the next few years.
Besides, growing number of collaborations between various research institutions and biopharmaceutical companies especially for drug discovery and development is expected to create lucrative opportunities for the market growth during the forecast period.
The Global Bioinformatics Market can be segmented based on product & services, type, application, end-user, company, and regional analysis. Based on product & services, the market can be segmented into bioinformatics tools, bioinformatic platforms and bioinformatic services.
The bioinformatics platforms segment dominated the market in 2020 with an overall share of 39.99% in the market. This can be ascribed to the growing demand for data analytics and data engineering. Additionally, the growing demand for various sequencing techniques further supports the segmental growth.
The major players operating in the Global Bioinformatics Market include Illumina Inc., Qiagen NV, Agilent Technologies, Inc., PerkinElmer, Inc., Thermo Fischer Scientific, Inc., 23AndMe, Biovia-Dassault Systemes, DataTrack International, Inc., Instem Plc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, BGI Group (Beijing Genomics Institute), Waters Corporation, SOPHiA GENETICS, Biomax Informatics AG, WuXi NextCODE Genomics, among others.
Major companies are developing advanced technologies in order to stay competitive in the market. Other competitive strategies include mergers & acquisitions.
Objective of the Study:
- To analyze and forecast the market size of the Global Bioinformatics Market.
- To classify and forecast the Global Bioinformatics Market based on product & services, type, application, end-user and regional distribution.
- To identify drivers and challenges for the Global Bioinformatics Market.
- To examine competitive developments such as expansions, mergers & acquisitions, etc., in the Global Bioinformatics Market.
- To identify and analyze the profile of leading players operating in the Global Bioinformatics Market.
Key Target Audience:
- Bioinformatics companies, research institutes and laboratories and other stakeholders
- Market research and consulting firms
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Organizations, forums and alliances related to bioinformatics
Years considered for this report:
- Historical Years: 2016-2019
- Base Year: 2020
- Estimated Year: 2021
- Forecast Period: 2022-2026
In this report, the Global Bioinformatics Market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
Market, by Product & Services:
- Bioinformatics Tools
- Bioinformatic Platforms
- Bioinformatic Services
Market, by Type:
- Genomics & Proteomics
- Simulation Studies & Molecular Modelling
- Genetic Engineering
Market, by Application:
- Drug Discovery
- Precision Medicine
Market, by End-User:
- Institutional Research
- Industrial Research
- Forensic Biotechnology
- Medical Biotechnology
- Environmental Biotechnology
- Animal Biotechnology
- Agriculture Biotechnology
Market, by Region:
- North America
- United States
- United Kingdom
- South Korea
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South America
- Illumina Inc.
- Qiagen NV
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- PerkinElmer, Inc.
- Thermo Fischer Scientific, Inc.
- Biovia-Dassault Systemes
- DataTrack International, Inc.
- Instem Plc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- BGI Group (Beijing Genomics Institute)
- Waters Corporation
- SOPHiA GENETICS
- Biomax Informatics AG
- WuXi NextCODE Genomics
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/g0hc62
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900