The “Demulsifier Market – Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2020-2025)” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global demulsifier market is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 4% during the forecast period.
One of the main factors driving the market is growing demand from increasing production of crude oil. However, strict environment regulation on use of chemical demulsifier is expected to hinder the growth of the market studied.
The global demulsifier market is partially fragmented in nature with only few major players dominating the market. Some of the major companies are Baker Hughes, Schlumberger Limited, Halliburton, Clariant, and Ecolab among others.
- By application, demulsifier from crude oil processing plant is expected to dominate the market over the forecast period.
- Growing demand of biodegradable polymer based demulsifier is likely to act as an opportunity for the market studied in the coming years.
- Middle-East and Africa region is expected to dominate the market with the largest consumption from countries, such as Saudi Arabia, Iran and UAE.
Growing Demand from Increasing Production of Crude Oil
- Demulsifiers, or emulsion breakers, are a class of speciality chemical used to separate emulsions and are commonly used in the processing of crude oil, which is typically produced along with significant quantities of saline water.
- Demulsifiers are surface active agents, which act to neutralize the effect of emulsifying agents and act on the emulsion by flocculation of oil droplets, dropping of water, and coalescence of the water droplets.
- Additionally, demulsifiers are used in the chemical analysis of oil and synthetic muds and to treat produced hydrocarbons.
- According to U.S. Energy Information of America, global petroleum and liquid fuels demand is expected to rise by less than 0.4 million b/d in 2020 and by 1.7 million b/d in 2021.
- Once, owing to the above-mentioned factors, the application of demulsifiers from crude oil processing is likely to dominate during the forecast period.
Middle-East & Africa Region to Dominate the Market
- Middle-East and Africa region is expected to dominate the market for demulsifier during the forecast period. The rising demand of demulsifier from crude oil producing in countries like Saudi Arabia and South Africa is expected to drive the demand for demulsifier in this region.
- The largest producers of demulsifier are located in Middle-East and Africa region. Some of the leading companies in the production demulsifier are Baker Hughes, a GE Company LLC, Schlumberger Limited, Halliburton, Clariant, and Ecolab among others.
- According to current estimates of U.S. Energy Information of America, 79.4% of the world’s proven oil reserves are located in OPEC Member Countries, with the bulk of OPEC oil reserves in the Middle East, amounting to 64.5% of the OPEC total.
- Africa’s share of global oil production has slightly increased by 0. 3% since last year to 8.7% standing at 8.1 million bbl/day. The main contributors continue to be Nigeria, Angola, Algeria and Egypt.
- Owing to the above-mentioned factors, the market for demulsifier in Middle-East and Africa region is projected to grow significantly during the study period.
Key Topics Covered
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing Demand from Increasing Production of Crude Oil
4.1.2 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Strict Environment Regulation on Use of Chemical Demulsifier
4.2.2 Volatility in Price of Crude Oil
4.2.3 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Water Soluble
5.1.2 Oil Soluble
5.2.1 Sludge Oil Treatment
5.2.2 Petro Refineries
5.2.3 Crude Oil Processing
5.2.4 Oil Based Power Plants
5.2.5 Lubricant Manufacturing
5.3.2 North America
5.3.4 South America
5.3.5 Middle-East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Baker Hughes, a GE Company LLC
6.4.2 Schlumberger Limited
6.4.6 BASF SE
6.4.7 AkzoNobel N.V.
6.4.8 Croda International plc
6.4.10 Dorf Ketal
6.4.11 PT.Eonchemicals Putra
*List not exhaustive
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Growing Demand of Biodegradable Polymer Based Demulsifier
7.2 Other Opportunities
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/jzwr1z
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900