The “Global Drug-Eluting Stents Market” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
This report examines the current and projected market potential of drug-eluting stents. It offers a detailed analysis of the regulatory scenario, competitive environment, pipeline, technological advancement, drivers, restraints and market growth trends. The report also includes market projections through 2024 and the market rank for key market players. The report details the market share of drug-eluting stents based on types of products, applications and end-user.
By product type, the market is segmented into polymer-based drug-eluting stents and polymer-free drug-eluting stents. By application, the market is segmented into coronary artery disease (CAD) and peripheral artery disease (PAD). By end-user, the market is segmented into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers and specialty centers and clinics.
By geography, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America and the Middle East and Africa. Detailed analyses of major countries such as the U.S., Canada, Germany, the U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Japan, China and India are covered in regional segments. For market estimates, data is provided for 2018 as the base year, 2019 and forecast through year-end 2024. Estimated values used are based on drug-eluting stent manufacturers’ total revenues. Projected and forecasted revenue values are in constant U.S. dollars that have not been adjusted for inflation.
- B. Braun Melsungen Ag
- Biosensors International
- Biotronik Se & Co. Kg
- Boston Scientific Corp.
- Cook Medical Inc.
- Lepu Medical Technology (Beijing) Co., Ltd.
- Medtronic Plc
- Terumo Corp.
The Report Includes:
- 20 data tables and 18 additional tables
- An overview of the global market for drug-eluting stents within the medical devices industry
- Estimation of the market size and analyses of market trends, with data from 2018 and 2019, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2024
- Market share analysis of the drug-eluting stents based on product, application, end-use, and region
- Identification of segments with high growth potential and analysis of future applications of each of the segments
- Assessment of market dynamics for drug-eluting stents with market drivers and restraints explained, medical device regulations, market background and pipeline analysis of the stents
- Coverage of prevalence and epidemiology of cardiovascular disease and description of coronary artery disease (CAD) and peripheral artery disease (PAD)
- Market share analysis of the key companies of the industry and coverage of events like mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, collaborations or partnerships, and other key market strategies
The global market growth is attributed to the growing prevalence of cardiovascular diseases, a rise in the world’s geriatric population, and growing demand for minimally invasive procedures.
There has been remarkable growth in the development of coronary stents to avoid restenosis and thrombosis. Improvements include progress in the design and conformation of metallic or resorbable structures, with an adequate balance between trackability and radial force. Also noted is the development of antiproliferative drugs and polymers to control release and allow adequate endothelialization and optimal duration of the antiplatelet regimen. These developments led to growth in the drug-eluting stent market over the forecast period.
Drug-eluting stents are coated with a drug and polymer, designed to allow for a controlled and consistent release of the drug from the stent surface into the artery walls. Both the amount of drug and release rate has been determined so that healing can occur while allowing the processes leading to restenosis to be minimized, reducing the need for additional treatment in the stented area.
Rising incidence of CVD, heart failure, and coronary heart disease cases come with a growing prevalence of obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure, globally. These phenomena are anticipated to fuel drug-eluting stents market growth over the forecast period.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
- Market Highlights: Drug-Eluting Stents
Chapter 3 Medical Device Regulations
- Medical Device Definition and Classification
- Regulations in the U.S.
- Code of Federal Regulations
- Regulations in Europe
- Regulations in Japan
Chapter 4 Drug-Eluting Stents: Pipeline Analysis
Chapter 5 Drug-Eluting Stents: Market Background
- Market Evolution
- Coating and Polymers
- Drugs Used in DESs
- Cardiovascular Diseases (CVDs)
- Common Types of CVD
- Symptoms of CVD
- Risk Factors: CVD
- Treatment for CVD
Chapter 6 Drug-Eluting Stents: Market Dynamics
- Market Dynamics
- Market Drivers
- Market Restraints
Chapter 7 Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic
- Symptoms of COVID-19
- Progression of COVID-19
- Incubation Period
- Global Confirmed COVID-19 Cases and Deaths
- Collaboration Between Organizations and Governments
- Spread of Disease
- Current Status and Impact on MedTech
- Elective and Noncritical Procedures
- Shift in Manufacturing
- Regulatory Delays, Clinical Trials and Product Launches
- Supply Chain Disruptions
- Medical Tourism
Chapter 8 Market Breakdown, by Product
Chapter 9 Market Breakdown, by Application
Chapter 10 Market Breakdown, by End User
Chapter 11 Market Breakdown, by Region
- Global Market for Drug-Eluting Stents, by Region
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
Chapter 12 Competitive Landscape
- Global Company Share Analysis
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Agreements, Collaborations, Product Launches and Partnerships
Chapter 13 Company Profiles
Chapter 14 Appendix
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/64fvnw
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900