The “Graft Versus Host Disease (GVHD) – Epidemiology Forecast to 2030” drug pipelines has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
This ‘Graft-versus-host disease (GvHD) – Epidemiology Forecast to 2030’ report delivers an in-depth understanding of the disease, historical and forecasted GvHD epidemiology in the 7MM, i.e., the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan.
The GvHD epidemiology division provides the insights about historical and current GvHD patient pool and forecasted trend for each seven major countries. It helps to recognize the causes of current and forecasted trends by exploring numerous studies and views of key opinion leaders. This part of The report also provides the diagnosed patient pool and their trends along with assumptions undertaken.
Country Wise GVHD Epidemiology
- In 2020, the 7MM reported 24,049 allogeneic cases, with a CAGR projecting increase in cases by 2030. The United States accounted for 9,857 allogeneic cases in 2020, representing the highest percentage, of all allo-HSCT in the 7MM.
- GvHD is categorized into two types: aGvHD and cGvHD. In 2020, acute GvHD cases accounted for 11,638, while chronic cases accounted for 7,854. In the 7MM, the aGvHD and cGvHD cases are expected to rise to by 2030 during the forecast period, i.e., 2021-2030. Germany has the highest number of cases of GvHD by type (acute and chronic) among the EU-5 nations, with 2,984 in 2020.
- In the event of GvHD, corticosteroids are the first line of treatment; however, secondary data demonstrate that up to 40%-60% of all patients will be refractory to steroids. As per the analysis, around 3,278 cases of cGvHD treated in first-line in the United States in 2020
- The mortality-adjusted treatment rate is used to estimate the number of living patients who are receiving treatment or who will be eligible for treatment. In 2020, the 7MM mortality adjusted treated aGvHD patients were 9,951 in first-line.
Key Questions Answered
- What will be the growth opportunities in the 7MM with respect to the patient population pertaining to GvHD?
- What are the key findings pertaining to the GvHD epidemiology across the 7MM and which country will have the highest number of patients during the study period (2018-2030)?
- What would be the total number of patients of GvHD across the 7MM during the study period (2018-2030)?
- Among the EU5 countries, which country will have the highest number of patients during the study period (2018-2030)?
- At what CAGR the patient population is expected to grow in the 7MM during the study period (2018-2030)?
- What are the various recent and upcoming events which are expected to improve the diagnosis of GvHD?
- Patient Segmentation
- Disease Risk and Burden
- Risk of disease by the segmentation
- Factors driving growth in a specific patient population
Key Topics Covered:
1. Key Insights
2. Report Introduction
3. Executive Summary of GvHD
4. Epidemiology Forecast Flow
5. Disease Background and Overview
5.2. Types of GvHD
5.3. Acute GvHD
5.3.1. Staging of acute GvHD
5.3.2. Grading of acute
5.3.3. Signs and symptoms of acute GvHD
5.3.4. Risk factors for acute GvHD
5.3.5. Pathophysiology of acute GvHD
5.4. Chronic GvHD
5.4.1. Classification of chronic GvHD
5.4.2. Signs and symptoms of chronic GvHD
5.4.3. Risk factors for chronic GvHD
5.4.4. Pathophysiology of chronic GvHD
5.5. Diagnosis of GvHD
5.5.1. Differential diagnosis of GvHD
5.5.2. Diagnostic algorithm
5.5.3. European Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (EBMT and guidance for GvHD assessment
5.5.4. Comparison of the different guidelines available for chronic GvHD assessment: Overall severity staging
6. Epidemiology and Patient Population
6.1. Key Findings
6.2. Assumptions and Rationale
6.3. Epidemiology Scenario (7MM)
6.3.1. Total Hematopoietic stem-cell transplantation (HSCT) in the 7MM
6.3.2. Total Allogeneic Transplant cases in the 7MM
6.3.3. Total GvHD cases by Types (Acute and Chronic) in the 7MM
6.3.4. Total Incident cases of aGvHD by grading and organ Involvement in the 7MM
6.3.5. Total Incident cases of cGvHD by Grading and organ involvement in the 7MM
6.3.6. Total Treated patients of GvHD in the 7MM
6.3.7. Mortality adjusted GvHD treated patients in the 7MM
6.4. The United States
6.5. EU-5 Epidemiology
6.10. The United Kingdom
6.11. Japan Epidemiology
For more information about this drug pipelines report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ma7ge8.
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T. Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900