Increase in the presence of hernia and rising geriatric population is fueling the demand for the hernia mesh market.
Market Size – USD 4.22 Billion in 2018, Market Growth – CAGR of 3.9%, Market Trends – The rapid adoption of an alternative lifestyle.
NEW YORK, May 13, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The Global Hernia Mesh Market is forecast to reach USD 5.78 Billion by 2026, according to a new report by Reports and Data. Hernia often occurs at the abdominal wall. It is generally visible as an external bulge especially during straining or bearing down. It affects people to a large extent. Hernia causes significant pain and discomfort. The growing geriatric population is more vulnerable to it. Old age, pregnancy, muscle strain, surgery, and obesity increases the risk of hernia.
Request a free sample of this research report at: https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/1400
The hernia mesh market has increased in the past couple of years mainly due to the rise in population of elderly and growing cases of hernia. Huge demand for advanced biological meshes, an increase in obesity and acceptance of robotic surgeries is pushing the growth of the market. Increase in biological and synthetic meshes and growth in tension-free hernia repair procedure is escalating the market for hernia mesh.
North America dominated the market in the year 2018 owing to the high number of cases of the target disorder and increase in adoption of surgical meshes as a treatment option. A large number of people suffering from diseases, sedentary lifestyle practices, improved healthcare facilities and rise in adoption of surgical meshes as a treatment option are fueling the market growth.
Market players collaborate with each other to widen their network and offering. In April 2010, Ethicon launched Proceed Ventral Patch (PVP) device for the treatment of umbilical hernia.
Further key findings from the report suggest
- Inguinal Hernia dominated the market with 63% of the market share in the year 2018. This type of hernia is common among old people, white population and males.
- Femoral Hernia is forecasted to grow with a growth rate of 3.9% in the forecast period. It is more common in older women due to the wider shape of the female pelvis.
- Mesh material is the major contributing segment in the hernia mesh market owing to the shift in treatment approach from autogenous tissue repair therapy to synthetic and biological mesh to reduce the risk of recurrence.
- Biological mesh held a market share of 53% in the year 2018. It is the fastest growing segment despite its high price of the products. The healthcare industry’s preference for these products is boosting the growth of the market.
To identify the key trends in the industry, click on the link below: https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/hernia-mesh-market
- The 3D mesh is forecasted to grow at a rate of 4.4% throughout the forecast period. 3D meshes for laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair often requires no fixation, with minimal risk of postoperative pain and recurrence rate.
- Ambulatory Surgical Center is a growing segment as they provide greater convenience and reduced cost. It is forecasted to hold a market share of 32% in the year 2026.
- North America is forecasted to hold a market share of 49% in the year 2026 owing to the high adoption of surgical mesh as a treatment option and a high prevalence of target disorder.
- Key participants include Covidien, United Surgical, Dolphin Sutures, Transeasy Medical Tech, Baxter International, W.L Gore & Associates Inc., Dipromed Srl, BioCer Entwicklungs, Sutures India Private Limited, and Hitech Equipments Company, among others.
- Covidien plc launched a minimally invasive device ‘ReliaTack’ in October 2014. The device has a unique feature that enables an articulation of 65 degrees, which helps surgeons reach weak spots in the wall of the abdomen, helping them attach the mesh more securely.
Segments covered in the report:
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data have segmented the global Hernia Mesh Market on the basis of Hernia Type, Mesh Type, Synthetic Structure Type, Synthetic Product Type, End Users, and Region:
Hernia Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2016-2026)
- Inguinal Hernia
- Incisional Hernia
- Femoral Hernia
Mesh Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2016-2026)
- Biological Mesh
- Synthetic Mesh
Synthetic Structure Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2016-2026)
- Absorbable Mesh
- Non-Absorbable Mesh
Synthetic Product Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2016-2026)
- Flat Mesh
- 3D Mesh
End Users Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2016-2026)
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2026)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
Browse more reports of Pharmaceutical category at: https://www.reportsanddata.com/report/category/medical-devices
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help clients make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise.
Head of Business Development
Reports And Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com
Direct Line: +1-800-819-3052