The “Hospital Infection Therapeutics Market – Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2020 – 2025)” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global hospital infection therapeutics market is expected to witness CAGR of 4.6% over the forecast period. The primary driving factors for the growth of the market include increasing incidence of hospital acquired infectious diseases coupled with the increasing geriatric population who are susceptible to diseases.
In addition, the high number of pipeline drugs specifically developing for the hospital acquired infections and an increase in R&D investments expected to boost the market growth over the forecast period. Moreover, insufficient hospital infrastructure and low awareness on the usage of infusion systems in underdeveloped countries around the world projected to fuel the usage of hospital infection therapeutics market.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format.
- Report customization as per the client’s requirements.
- 3 months of analyst support.
Key Market Trends
Antibacterial Segment is expected to Grow at Significant Rate
- Antibacterial drugs used for hospital infections are expected to grow at significant rates owing to increasing initiatives on bacterial resistance, growing incidence of bacterial hospital infections.
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), with 100 hospitalised patients at any given time, 10 in developed and 7 in developing countries acquire minimum one healthcare-associated infection.
- Urinary tract infections are expected to have a notable share in indications segment and is expected to grow at significant rates. The growth is attributed to the increasing number of patients with urinary tract infections and ongoing research and development on urinary tract infection treatment.
- Moreover, the rise in the older population and prevalence of hospital acquired infection are fuelling the overall market growth over the forecast period.
North America Expected to have Significant Market Share
North America region is anticipated to have significant market share owing to the growing number of multidrug-resistant pathogens coupled with the presence of key market players focusing on innovating therapeutic options. According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in American hospitals alone, about 1.7 million people are affected by the hospital acquired infections each year. Asia Pacific hospital infection therapeutics market is projected to have considerable growth rate owing to the presence of developing and underdeveloped healthcare centers having low awareness regarding the hospital infection control systems and growing incidence of hospital acquired infections.
Global hospital infection therapeutics market is moderately fragmented and competitive. Market players are focusing on product innovations, new product launches and regional expansions to increase their market share. The key market players operating in hospital infection therapeutics market include Merck & Co., Inc., Allergan, AstraZeneca plc, Johnson & Johnson and F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG among others.
Key Topics Covered:
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Increasing Demand for Non-Invasive Dermatology Techniques and Ageing Population
4.2.2 Increasing R&D Investments for New Hyaluronic Acid Based Dermal Fillers
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Lack of Skilled Professionals
4.3.2 High Cost of Dermal Filling Procedures
4.4 Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Drug Type
5.1.1 Antibacterial Drugs
5.1.2 Anti-fungal Drugs
5.1.3 Antiviral Drugs
5.2 By Indication
5.2.1 Blood Stream Infections
5.2.2 Urinary Tract Infections
5.2.3 Surgical Site Infections
5.3.1 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
18.104.22.168 South Korea
22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 Middle-East and Africa
126.96.36.199 South Africa
188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
5.3.5 South America
184.108.40.206 Rest of South America
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Allergan plc
6.1.2 Merck & Co., Inc.
6.1.3 Johnson & Johnson
6.1.5 F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
6.1.6 Bayer AG
6.1.7 GlaxoSmithKline plc
6.1.8 Cubist Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
6.1.9 Sanofi S.A.
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/xlflw9