The “Inkjet Printing Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The inkjet printing market was valued at USD 40.79 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 49.20 billion at a CAGR of 3.11% over the forecast period 2021 – 2026.
Today’s high-speed inkjet devices offer enhanced quality and productivity for early-adopter commercial printers, and this is driving the market forward. The market for ink-jet printers has expanded at a tremendous pace in the last few years.
- HP Development Company, L.P.
- Jet Inks Private Limited
- Brother Industries Ltd.
- Xerox Corporation
- Canon Inc.
- Domino Printing Sciences PLC
- Hitachi Industrial Equipment Systems Co. Ltd.
- Lexmark International Inc
- Videojet Technologies Inc.
- Inkjet Inc.
- Fujifilm Holdings Corporation
Key Market Trends
Label is Anticipated to Hold a Dominant Share of the Market
- Label printing is emerging as one of the fastest-growing segments in the market owing to the increasing demand for customized packaging and the need for providing product information due to stringent regulations in almost every industry.
- Label printing is a narrow web application with the required web widths ranging between 5-15 inches, thereby needing few printheads to be ‘stitched’ together to generate the array of nozzles spanning the width for each color. Since an improved print quality requires reasonable control of the substrate during printing, a single-pass inkjet printing on a narrow web is ideally suited for producing labels.
- Inkjet accounts for the highest shares of the print industry’s R&D spending. These investments are expected to result in substantial improvements in the quality and reliability of the equipment. New inkjet presses that are being introduced can print at faster speeds and offer significant development in automation of material handling to improve the productivity of lower speed presses.
- Recently, Screen Graphic Solutions Co. Ltd announced their plans to launch the upgraded version of Truepress Jet L350UV, its first label printer explicitly designed for this field. The upgraded printer offers better color reproduction in addition to superior scalability, enabling vendors to meet a wide variety of market needs. The company plans to launch the system worldwide in January 2020. Apart from the standard CMYK, this version can be loaded with white, orange, and blue inks for a total of seven colors. Screen Graphic Solutions Co. Ltd, in collaboration with CGS Publishing Technologies (Germany), also introduced proprietary color management technologies for this version.
Europe Dominates the Inkjet Printers Market
- Due to the growing demand for packaging solutions in Spain, supporting service and equipment providers are flocking to cater to the needs of vendors. For example, digital print company EFI is enhancing its presence in the Spanish packaging market, owing to two companies that are based in the country opted to invest in Nozomi C18000 LED inkjet corrugated packaging press technology.
- In December 2019, Vignola Consortium used an HP PageWide T1100S high-speed color inkjet web press for corrugated packaging to print a unique QR code on each box of Vignola cherries. It allows the customers to scan the code and be short linked to a unique website where they can see traceability information for their specific box of cherries.
- In addition, Italy has many print label equipment manufacturers, such as Lombardi, who provide flexo printing machine with converting technology. It also offers customized inkjet solutions. OMET also provides label and packaging printing machine.
- However, Etiquettes Pierre Foucher and commercial offset printer Imprimerie Coste & Films shifted from inkjet technology to install toner-based AccurioLAbel 230 printers to meet the demand for shorter runs and quick turnaround times from their customers.
Key Topics Covered:
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
4.3 Market Drivers
4.3.1 Big Data, the Internet of Things, and Digitalisation of Both Print Processes and Packaging
4.3.2 Smart Production, Speed, Flexibility and Cost Control
4.4 Market Restraints
4.4.1 Growing Popularity of Digital Advertising Media
4.4.2 High Price & Investment and Technological Limitations
4.4.3 Cut-throat Competition Among Established Technologies such as Flexographic Printing and Screen Printing
4.5 Market Opportunities
4.5.1 Shift toward Sustainability can Increase the Market Growth.
4.6 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.7 Impact of COVID-19 on the Industry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.2 Commercial Print
5.1.7 Other Applications (Photobooks, Magazines, Newspapers, Security)
5.2.1 North America
18.104.22.168 Eastern Europe
22.214.171.124 Western Europe
5.2.3 Asia Pacific
5.2.4 Latin America
5.2.5 Middle East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/8snhci
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900