The “Intraocular Lens – Market Insight, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecast – 2026” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The intraocular lens market was valued at USD 3,687.20 million in 2020, growing at a CAGR of 4.88% during the forecast period from 2021 to 2026 to reach USD 4,812.32 million by 2026.
The demand for intraocular lenses is witnessing a surge primarily due to the rising prevalence of eye diseases, increasing initiatives by various governments across the globe in controlling and treating blindness, technological advancements in IOLs, and the increasing geriatric population who are more susceptible to ocular ailments which are expected to contribute in the growing product demand thereby boosting the growth of the of the intraocular lens market during the forecast period from 2021-2026.
- Johnson & Johnson
- HOYA GROUP
- Alcon Inc
- Carl Zeiss Meditec AG
- Bausch & Lomb
- Rayner Intraocular Lenses Limited
- Eyekon Medical Inc
- Lenstec, Inc
- HumanOptics AG
- STAAR Surgical Company
- PhyIOL S.A.
- Care Group
- Tekia Inc
- Omni Lens Pvt Ltd
- MORCHER GmbH
- Ophtec BV
- SIFI S.p.A.
- Excellent Hi-Care Pvt. Ltd
- Hanita Lenses
The intraocular lenses market is experiencing increased product demand for a variety of reasons, one of the main reasons being the increase in the prevalence of ocular diseases. Increasing prevalence of eye diseases such as refractive error, age-related macular degeneration, cataracts, diabetic retinopathy, and glaucoma is a major driver of the intraocular lens market in particular. The majority of people over the age of 60 are affected by various types of eye problems that are chronic and require eye surgery. Visual impairment is a global health problem that affects physical and mental health.
Visually impaired people are at particular risk of chronic illness, accidents, social withdrawal, depression, and death. According to the World Health Organization, in 2020, at least 2.2 billion people suffered from short- or long-distance visual impairment. According to the same source, in 2020, about 1 billion people had moderate refractive error due to untreated refractive error (88.4 million), cataract (94 million), glaucoma (7.7 million), and corneal opacity (4.2 million). Therefore, the presence of such large patient pool with ocular diseases are potential targets for companies operating in the IOL market.
Another contributing factor that may be responsible for the growth of the intraocular lens market is the technological advancements in the development of IOLs. Due to the rising prevalence of eye disease has increased the demand for IOLs, allowing companies to invest more in the technological advances in intraocular lenses.
Companies are in constant contact with the ophthalmology community and conduct occasional surveys to understand the needs of their patients and adjust their R&D accordingly. Companies operating in this domain are continuously working on the introduction of IOLs of various materials, shapes and sizes to address issues such as post-operative glistening and post-operative posterior capsule opacity (PCO). These advances were reflected by the variety of state-of-the-art IOLs available in the market, introducing new design lenses such as blue light blocking IOLs, aberration-free IOLs, and toric IOLs. Postoperative changes in optical power offer a more personalized approach for patients thereby enabling them to receive treatment catering to their specific needs in terms of vision correction.
Key Takeaways from the Intraocular Lens Market Report Study
- Market size analysis for current intraocular lenses market size (2020), and market forecast for 5 years (2021-2026)
- The effect of the COVID-19 pandemic on this market is significant. To capture and analyze suitable indicators, our experts are closely watching the intraocular lenses market.
- Top key product/services/technology developments, merger, acquisition, partnership, joint venture happened for last 3 years
- Key companies dominating the Global Intraocular Lens Market.
- Various opportunities available for the other competitor in the Intraocular Lens Market space.
- What are the top performing segments in 2020? How these segments will perform in 2026.
- Which is the top-performing regions and countries in the current intraocular lenses market scenario?
- Which are the regions and countries where companies should have concentrated on opportunities for intraocular lenses market growth in the coming future?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Intraocular Lens Market Report Introduction
2. Intraocular Lens Market Executive Summary
3. Regulatory and Patent Analysis
4. Intraocular Lens Market Key Factors Analysis
4.1 Intraocular Lens Market Drivers
4.1.1 Rising Prevalence of Eye Diseases
4.1.2 Increasing Initiatives by Various Governments Across the Globe in Controlling and Treating Blindness
4.1.3 Technological Advancements in IOLs
4.1.4 Surge in Geriatric Population
4.2 Intraocular Lens Market Restraints and Challenges
4.2.1 Post-operative Complications Associated with Intraocular Lens
4.2.2 Lack of Coverage of Premium Lens
4.3 Intraocular Lens Market Opportunities
4.3.1 Untapped Potential of Emerging Markets
4.3.2 Increasing awareness Toward Intraocular Lens
5. Intraocular Lens Market Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
5.3 Threat of New Entrants
5.4 Threat of Substitutes
5.5 Competitive Rivalry
6. COVID-19 Impact Analysis on Intraocular Lens Market
7. Intraocular Lens Market Layout
8. Intraocular Lens Market Global Company Share Analysis – Key 3-5 Companies
9. Intraocular Lens Market Company and Product Profiles
10. KOL Views
11. Project Approach
12. About the Publisher
13. Disclaimer & Contact Us
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/8rxc4.
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T. Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900