The “Global Light Activated Therapies Market: Distribution by Target Indications, Key Players and Geographies: Industry Trends and Global Forecasts, 2021-2030” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
According to the World Health Organization, in a year, around 2 million to 3 million individuals suffer from various forms of skin cancers, across the globe. This type of cancer account for 33% of all the diagnosed tumors, globally. It is also worth highlighting that one in every five Americans is likely to develop some form of skin cancer in their lifetime. Although efforts are being made to develop safe and effective drugs for the treatment of different types of skin cancer, there is still a pressing need for more specific and potent drugs/therapies to combat this complex clinical condition.
Amidst the current initiatives to develop more targeted anti-cancer therapies, light activated therapies (specifically photodynamic therapies, photoimmunotherapies and photothermal therapies) have emerged as a promising alternative, owing to their capability to eradicate diseased cells from the body with minimal side effects. Unlike chemotherapy or radiotherapy, light activated therapies only destroy cancerous cells without damaging the surrounding healthy tissues. Therefore, this novel therapeutic approach has various advantages over conventional treatments for cancer and various skin diseases, such as acne, actinic keratosis, microvesicles, warts and others.
Over time, several pharmaceutical companies have undertaken various initiatives to develop effective photodynamic therapies/photoimmunotherapies against multiple target indications.
At present, the pipeline features close to 130 candidates, and this value is anticipated to grow further in the foreseen future. Of these, more than 10 therapies, including ASP-1929 (Rakuten Medical), VISUDYNE (Novartis), Metvix (Galderma), PHOTOFRIN (ADVANZ PHARMA), Ameluz (Biofrontera) and LEVULAN KERASTICKT (Sun Pharma), have already been marketed.
Further, over 635 patents related to light activated therapies have been filed/granted in the past three years, demonstrating the continued innovation in this domain. The growing interest of pharmaceutical stakeholders in this field is also reflected from the recent rise in clinical trials of such therapy candidates. With multiple therapeutic leads in the mid to late stages of development (phase II and above), we are led to believe that the light activated therapies market is likely to witness significant growth in the foreseen future.
The report features an extensive study of the current market landscape and the likely adoption of light activated therapies, over the next decade. The study features a detailed analysis of the key drivers and trends related to this evolving domain.
The report includes:
- A detailed assessment of the current market landscape of light activated therapies, with respect to current status of development, type of light activated therapy, therapeutic area, type of photosensitive dye, type of light, target patient segment , type of therapy, type of developer and popular target indications. In addition, the chapter includes analysis on the light activated therapy developer(s) based on various relevant parameters, including year of establishment, company size, location of headquarters and most active players.
- Detailed profiles of marketed and late stage clinical products; each profile features an overview of the company, therapy overview, clinical development status, clinical trial endpoints, dosage information, key insights, clinical trial endpoints and estimated sales revenue (2021-2030).
- An in-depth analysis of completed, ongoing and planned clinical studies of various light activated therapies based on relevant parameters, such as trial registration year, study design and trial phase, type of masking and type of intervention model, year and trial recruitment status, type of sponsor, most active industry and non-industry players, purpose of study, emerging focus area, location of trial, and key geographical regions.
- An analysis of patents filed/granted related to light activated therapies, till 2021.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the prevalent R&D trends related to light activated therapies?
- What are the key therapeutic areas for which light activated therapies are being/have been developed?
- What are the key challenges faced by stakeholders related to manufacturing of light activated therapies?
- Who are the leading industry and non-industry players engaged in the development of light activated therapies?
- Across which geographies, extensive research related to light activated therapies is being conducted?
- Which factors are likely to influence the evolution of this upcoming market?
- How is the current and future market opportunity likely to be distributed across key market segments?
- Cetuximab Sarotalocan
- Photodynamic Therapy and Alacare
- Photodynamic Therapy and Ameluz
- Photodynamic Therapy and Aminolevulinic Acid
- Photodynamic Therapy and Foscan (Temoporfin)
- Photodynamic Therapy and FuMeiDa (Hemoporfin)
- Photodynamic Therapy and Levulan Kerastick
- Photodynamic Therapy and Metvixia (Metvix)
- Photodynamic Therapy and Porfimer Sodium / Photofrin
- Photodynamic Therapy and Verteporfin (Visudyne)
- Tookad VTP
- Advanz Pharma
- Biolitec Pharma
- Nanospectra Biosciences
- Rakuten Medical
- Steba biotech
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/l00bni
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900