The “Polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The Global Polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) Market is projected to register a CAGR of over 4% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- ARIHANT SOLVENTS AND CHEMICALS
- BRB International
- Clearco Products Co., Inc.
- Elkem ASA
- Evonik Industries AG
- KCC Basildon
- Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific (Alfa Aesar)
- Wacker Chemie AG
- Wynca Group
Key Market Trends
Increasing Applications from Healthcare Segment
- Polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) is also known as dimethylpolysiloxane or dimethicone. PDMS is the most commonly used silicon-based organic polymers. In the healthcare sector, PDMS is commonly used for various biomedical and medical applications, such as components for microfluidics, implants, catheters, punctual plugs, valves, orthopedics, and micro gaskets, among others. In addition to this, it provides a barrier to liquids, such as water, blood, and urine, while providing a permeable path for gaseous elements and compounds, such as nitrogen, oxygen, hydrogen, and carbon dioxide.
- Furthermore, as PDMS is optically clear, non-toxic, non-flammable, and meets the requirements of FDA CFR 177.2600, it is used in rubber articles, such as sanitary gaskets, that are usually designed for repeated use in biological research. Polydimethylsiloxane also complies with rigorous USP Class VI testing requirements for implantation and acute systemic toxicity.
- Moreover, countries, such as China, India, Germany, and United States, among others, hold major leading positions in the healthcare market. With the demographic changes and digitalization, various countries are investing in the mobile healthcare facility, which is providing a platform for the further expansion of the healthcare sector in various countries.
- For instance, according to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) of the United States, the health care spending in the United States was increased by 4.6% in 2019 compared to the previous year, reaching USD 3.8 trillion or USD 11,582 per person. Furthermore, as a share of the nation’s Gross Domestic Product, health spending accounted for 17.7% in 2019.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific region holds a prominent share in the polydimethylsiloxane market, globally and is expected to dominate the market in the coming years.
- According to the India Brand Equity Foundation (IBEF), the healthcare care market in India is expected to reach USD 372 billion by 2022 from the estimated value of about USD 193.83 billion in 2020, owing to the rising income, growing health awareness, and others.
- According to the National Bureau of Statistics of China, the Chinese pharmaceutical and medicine manufacturing industry was valued at about USD 399.65 billion in 2019. Furthermore, the pharmaceutical and medicine export value was amounted to about USD 32.36 billion in 2019, with a decline rate of about 4% compared to the previous year.
- Furthermore, according to the Health Ministry of Japan, the Medical expenses in Japan were increased by 2.4% in 2019, reaching about USD 400 billion, thereby enhanced the demand for the market studied.
- Additionally, PDMS also finds its application in the fabrication of light-emitting diodes (LED) and field-effect transistors. Also, integrated LED devices are coated with polydimethylsiloxane film. PDMS is also used in stretchable polymer substrate for wearable electronic devices. For instance, the global production by Japanese electronics and IT companies was valued at about USD 327 billion in 2020 and is estimated to reach about USD 340 billion by 2021, with a growth rate of about 4%, thereby is expected to enhance the demand for the market studied.
- Therefore, the aforementioned factors are expected to show a significant impact on the polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) market in the coming years.
Key Topics Covered:
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing Demand for the Household and Personal Care Applications
4.1.2 Rising Demand for PDMS Elastomers
4.2.1 Unfavorable Conditions Arising Due to COVID-19 Outbreak
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/u7zw5v
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900