The “Protective Films – Global Market Trajectory & Analytics” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Amid the COVID-19 crisis, the global market for Protective Films estimated at US$13.1 Billion in the year 2020, is projected to reach a revised size of US$18.3 Billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 5.9% over the analysis period.
Adhesive-Coated, one of the segments analyzed in the report, is projected to grow at a 6.4% CAGR to reach US$11.1 Billion by the end of the analysis period. After a thorough analysis of the business implications of the pandemic and its induced economic crisis, growth in the Self-Adhesive segment is readjusted to a revised 5.2% CAGR for the next 7-year period. This segment currently accounts for a 45% share of the global Protective Films market.
The adhesive coated protective films are the most common protective films used in a variety of applications. The films are compatible with a variety of substrates including metals, plastics and glass. They are also easy to manufacture. Growth of the self-adhesive protective film market is attributed to several applications such in building and construction, steel, automotive, glass, electronics, and plastics.
Ever expanding construction industry is expected to augment the production of self-adhesive protective films as they are used for carpet and floor protection, laminate protection, window security films, and building site protection. Self-adhesive protective films are also used in several other end-use industries to safeguard their products from damage due to abrasion, weathering, and UV rays.
Protective films, used for protecting surfaces against damage, are witnessing increased demand from a variety of end-user industries including electronics, automotive, aerospace, and building & construction among others. Demand is on the rise, owing to growing focus on product protection. Another major market growth driver has been the continuous technology advancement.
Manufacturers are striving to create sustainable products with least environmental impact. Steady growth opportunities in the building and construction industry is attributed to extensive use of protective films for protecting window glasses from UV rays and scratches. Increasing prominence of eCommerce is creating strong demand for the films in protective and secondary packaging for goods.
Electronics consumption is also increasing at a steady rate all across the world, which is also a key growth promoting factor for the market. Vehicle demand is increasingly worldwide due to industrialization. The films are used for paint protection and for protecting leathers, carpets and dashboards from damage.
Another area of immense opportunity, increasing solar energy production creates growth prospects for films in PV modules. Films protect the modules exposed to stress factors such as UV radiations. Solar cells are covered with polymeric films where they offer protection against mechanical stress and environmental corrosion.
Key Topics Covered:
II. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic and a Looming Global Recession
- COVID-19 Triggers Unprecedented Disruptions in the Supply Chain & Accelerates the Urgency to Rethink Supply Chain Management
- An Introduction to Protective Films
- Global Market Prospects & Outlook
- World Brands
- Recent Market Activity
2. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS (Total 248 Featured)
- 3M Company
- Arkema Group
- Avery Dennison Corporation
- Bischof + Klein SE & Co. KG
- Bp Plastics Holding Bhd
- Chargeurs SA
- Compagnie De Saint-Gobain SA
- Covertec Srl
- DowDuPont, Inc.
- Dunmore Corporation
- DUTE Industries Group
- Echoplast Ltd.
- Echotape USA
- Hitachi Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Kao-Chia Plastic Co., Ltd.
- Lamin-X Protective Films
- Mactac Europe SA
- MT Tapes s.r.o.
- Nitto Denko Corporation
- Panduit Corporation
- Polifilm Group
- Pregis LLC
- Presto Tape
- Surface Armor
- Toray Industries, Inc.
3. MARKET TRENDS & DRIVERS
- Surface Protection Films: Safeguarding Surfaces Against Various Hazards
- COVID-19 Pandemic Disrupts Demand for Protective Films from Building & Construction Industry
- California’s Building Code Includes Window Film
- Transportation & Automotive Industry Presents Potential Opportunities for Protective Films Market
- Numerous Advantages of Protective Films for Cars
- Growing Proliferation of Electronics Devices Enhances Need to Protect Devices Against Damage, Driving Demand for Protective Films
- Pandemic Disrupts Electronics industry, Impacting Demand for Protective Films
- Positive Demand Outlook for Advanced Consumer Electronics to Accelerate Long-term Market Growth
- Rising Demand for Protective Films in Medical & Pharmaceutical Applications
- Rising Adoption of Pharmaceutical Films with Low Extractables
- Solar Energy Production Rise to Translate into Potential Growth for Protective Films Used on Solar Cells
- Rising Demand for Self-Adhesive Protective Films
- Paint Protection Film Market: Poised for Growth
- Technology Advancements to Boost Market Growth
- Protective Films Suited for Sub-Zero Temperature Environments
- Protective Films to Curb Spread of COVID-19 Pandemic
- Bio-Based Protective Films Emerge as Competitors to Conventional Products
- Protective Films Confront Challenges Due to Complexities in Polymer Plastics’ Recycling
- Volatile Prices of Oil & Raw Materials Present Hurdles
4. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
III. MARKET ANALYSIS
- Total Companies Profiled: 248
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ut7evh
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900