The “Smart Gas Meters – Global Market Trajectory & Analytics” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global market for Smart Gas is projected to reach US$29.9 billion by 2025, driven by the growing need for efficient utilization of energy and rising awareness over the importance of information management technologies in enabling intelligent metering, monitoring, measurement, and control of gas resources.
Also driving growth in the market are factors such as growing global gas demand from 3,000 Mtoe in 2015 to 4,100 Mtoe by 2035 and the ensuing need for efficient distribution networks and billing system; spiraling shale gas production with technology developments promising to tap into the over 5,770 trillion cubic feet of technically recoverable shale gas reserves worldwide; robust demand for modular & integrated gas meters; increasing adoption of SCADA; increasing integration of cloud computing, IoT & artificial intelligence in advanced metering infrastructure (AMI); and rise of smart cities to over 170 cities from 85 countries and growing investments in smart distribution of utility resources such as electricity, water and gas. Utility services, interestingly is the starting point for all smart city initiatives given the fact that smarter infrastructure provision is the goal of the smart city concept.
Water, electricity and gas are the most important utility infrastructures owned by municipalities. Alongside smart grids, connected gas infrastructure is also a key focus area for governments worldwide. Smart gas technologies ensure uninterrupted gas distribution, pressure measurements, pipe corrosion protection, leak detection, remote disconnection, and smarter use and consumption. Installation of smart gas meters is just the starting point for utilities seeking to optimize the entire process by developing effective communication networks replete with sensors and big data analytics.
The scenario is driving increased investments in national smart meter programs, spatial management of transmission pipeline networks; on-site automation systems; use of intelligent metering software and cloud computing for gas leakage and outflow detection and identification of safety issues.
Few of the benefits of smart gas solutions driving investments in transformation of gas networks include operational cost benefits that accompany automation; better energy planning as it offers real-time data on energy costs and related carbon emissions; provides opportunity for voluntarily reducing household gas consumption; enables implementation of multi tariff features to allow for better demand response management; improved profitability for utilities as it reduces the ‘costs to serve’; and helps governments battle climate change and achieve slated goals of energy directives.
Smart gas solutions, in AMI or AMR metering formats, establish a system-wide communications network, thereby encompassing all the service points on the gas utility grid and seamlessly connect with DNP, IEC 61850, and TCP/IP devices across the grid besides allowing the IEEE 802.15.4g connectivity over the AMI mesh. With such sophisticated attributes, smart meters equip utilities with a robust tool that can help them in realizing innovative functionalities when integrated into the conventional distribution automation infrastructure. Integration of smart gas meters enabled AMI with distribution automation potentially offers unprecedented, previously unexplored opportunities for the modernization of power grids.
Such new opportunities include efficient outage management, economical fault isolation, superior transformer and feeder monitoring, and electric vehicle integration among others. Europe represents the largest market worldwide, supported by favorable regulations and funding support that encourage adoption of smart gas solutions across the entire natural gas chain comprising mining, storage, transmission, distribution and final consumption. Asia-Pacific including China ranks is a major market led by stringent energy efficiency regulations given the fact that developing countries utilize more resources partially due to energy wastages and mismanagement.
Key Topics Covered:
I. INTRODUCTION, METHODOLOGY & REPORT SCOPE
II. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on Smart Meters Market
- Pandemic Crisis Weakens Economic Environment, Triggering Negative Tide in GDP
- Smart Gas Solutions: Enabling Intelligent Metering, Monitoring, Measuring and Control of Gas
- Smart Gas Meters: Gateway to the Digital Transformation of Utilities
- A Note on Communication Infrastructure for Smart Gas Networks
- Global Market Prospects & Outlook
- AMR Meters Continue to be Major Device Type, AMI Meters Exhibit Fast Paced Growth
- While Developed Regions Remain Primary Revenue Contributors, Developing Regions Hold Strong Growth Potential
- Competitive Landscape
- American & European Vendors Dominate the Market
- Asian Enterprises Aim to Widen Market Footprint
- Novel Strategies Take Center Stage amid Escalating Competition
- Analytics: New Revenue Source for Software Vendors
- World Gas Meters Market: Market Share Findings
- Gas Meters Competitor Market Share Scenario Worldwide (in %): 2020
- World Brands
- Recent Market Activity
2. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS
- ABB Ltd.
- Aclara Technologies LLC
- Aidon Oy
- Badger Meter Inc.
- Capgemini SA
- CGI Group Inc.
- Chongqing Shancheng Gas Equipment Co. Ltd.
- CyanConnode Holdings PLC
- Dandong Dongfa (Group) Co. Ltd.
- Diehl Metering GmbH
- DTE Energy Co.,
- EDMI Ltd.
- Elster Group GmbH
- Enel X
- GE Grid Solutions
- Iskraemeco d.d.
- Itron Inc.
- Schneider Electric SE
- Silver Spring Networks
- Tantalus Systems Inc.
- Trilliant Holdings Inc.
3. MARKET TRENDS & DRIVERS
- Laying Strong Foundation for the Digital Transformation of Gas Infrastructure, Smart Gas Metering Solutions Seek to Revolutionize Gas Utility Operations
- Growing Relevancy of Smart Metering Solutions in Modern Gas Utility: An Overview
- Utility Modernization & Upgrade Programs Create Highly Conducive Environment for Smart Gas Market
- Demographic Dynamics Spur Energy Demand & Need for Reliable Gas Infrastructure, Creating Opportunities for Smart Gas Technologies
- A Note on Energy Demand Patterns
- Urbanization Trend Instigates the Need for Modern Gas Utility Network
- Smart City, the New Urban Infrastructure Concept, to Fuel Next Wave of Growth
- Emergence of Natural Gas as Reliable Energy Source & Parallel Increase in Gas Infrastructure Investments Creates Fertile Environment
- Offering Myriad Benefits, Natural Gas Withstands Competition from Renewable Energy Sources
- Evolving Image of Shale Gas as a Viable Energy Source Bodes Well for the Market
- Surging Demand for Fuel Gas Steers Market Penetration
- Residential Vertical Remains the Dominant Segment for Consumer-Grade Smart Gas Solutions
- Growing Consumer Spending on Smart Home Technologies Favors Growth
- Smart Gas Solutions Gain Traction in Commercial & Industrial End-Use Domains
- Need to Improve Functionality & Efficiency Paves Way for Wider Uptake of Utility Automation & Control Solutions
- SCADA Systems
- Real-Time Data
- Big Data and IoT: Next Frontiers for Smart Gas
- Smart Gas Technologies Emphasize IIoT Ecosystem in Gas Utility
- Cloud-based Software Solutions: Next Big Thing in Gas Networks
- On-Premises Vs. Cloud-based Software: A Cost Comparison Analysis
- Wireless Communication Systems Gain Traction in Smart Gas Networks
- Regulations & Standards Instigate New Demand for Smart Gas Infrastructure Solutions
- Regulators and Utilities Address Consumer Concerns about Smart Gas Solutions
- Resolving Prevailing Challenges: Critical for Future Success of the Market
- High Deployment Costs
- Lack of Unified Standards & Interoperability Issues
- Privacy & Data Security Concerns
- Declining Natural Gas Prices & Lack of Incentives
- Improving Battery Lifetime: Need of the Hour
4. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
III. MARKET ANALYSIS
- GEOGRAPHIC MARKET ANALYSIS
- Total Companies Profiled: 79
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/3ifjr0
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900