The “Synthetic Dye and Pigment Global Market Report 2021: COVID-19 Impact and Recovery to 2030” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global synthetic dye and pigment market is expected to grow from $53.95 billion in 2020 to $58.61 billion in 2021 at a CAGR of 8.6%. The growth is mainly due to the companies rearranging their operations and recovering from the COVID-19 impact, which had earlier led to restrictive containment measures involving social distancing, remote working, and the closure of commercial activities that resulted in operational challenges. The market is expected to reach $68.35 billion in 2025 at a CAGR of 4%.
Asia Pacific was the largest region in the global synthetic dye and pigment market, accounting for 32% of the market in 2020. Western Europe was the second largest region accounting for 31% of the global synthetic dye and pigment market. Africa was the smallest region in the global synthetic dye and pigment market.
Many textiles companies are adopting eco-friendly dyes for producing textiles and fabrics. These companies do not use harmful dyes as they cause extensive damage to the environment and are known to cause skin allergies and respiratory diseases. Due to the positive environmental characteristics and low toxicity of eco-friendly dyes, many companies are moving toward eco-friendly organic dyes, though they are priced higher than inorganic dyes. Companies that manufacture eco-friendly dyes include DyStar, Huntsman and Archroma.
The growing awareness about adverse health effects of certain synthetic dyes is pushing dyes and pigments manufacturers to shift from chemical-based synthetic dyes to natural dyes, negatively impacting the market. Manufacturers are focusing on shifting from chemical dyes to natural dyes to cater to the consumer preferences for new textiles colors, which are also environmentally-friendly. Synthetic dye also has adverse effects on the health of people and the environment due to which emerging economies are shifting to natural dyes. Several developed and developing countries have imposed a ban on the import of synthetic dyes. The use of azo dyes is banned in developing countries such as India owing to their environmental and health impacts.
The synthetic dyes and pigments market is expected to be driven by the rapidly growing packaging industry. This is mainly due to increased demand from the toiletries, food & beverages, healthcare, and other industries, particularly in emerging economies. Going forward, the market for synthetic dyes and pigments is expected to grow with the launch of high-quality digital printing applications on flexible packaging and labelling. Growing demand for digital printing due to the need for high quality printing will lead to an increase in the demand for packaging printing, driving the synthetic dyes and pigments market.
The report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional and country breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market. It traces the market’s historic and forecast market growth by geography. It places the market within the context of the wider synthetic dye and pigment market, and compares it with other markets.
- The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the market.
- The market size section gives the market size ($b) covering both the historic growth of the market, the impact of the COVID-19 virus and forecasting its recovery.
- Market segmentations break down market into sub markets.
- The regional and country breakdowns section gives an analysis of the market in each geography and the size of the market by geography and compares their historic and forecast growth. It covers the impact and recovery trajectory of COVID-19 for all regions, key developed countries and major emerging markets.
- Competitive landscape gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares, and a description of the leading companies. Key financial deals which have shaped the market in recent years are identified.
- The trends and strategies section analyses the shape of the market as it emerges from the crisis and suggests how companies can grow as the market recovers.
- The synthetic dye and pigment market section of the report gives context. It compares the synthetic dye and pigment market with other segments of the chemicals market by size and growth, historic and forecast. It analyses GDP proportion, expenditure per capita, synthetic dye and pigment indicators comparison.
- BASF SE
- The Chemours Company
- Venator Materials PLC
- Kronos Worldwide Inc.
- Tronox Limited
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/qmxwzp
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900