The “Health Insurance Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global health insurance market grew at a CAGR of around 5% during 2015-2020. Looking forward, the publisher expects the global health insurance market to exhibit moderate growth during the next five years.
- Aetna Inc. (CVS Health Corporation)
- AIA Group Limited
- Allianz SE
- Aviva Plc
- Berkshire Hathaway Inc.
- Cigna Corporation
- International Medical Group Inc. (Sirius International Insurance Group Ltd.)
- Prudential Plc
- United Health Group Inc.
- Zurich Insurance Group AG
Health insurance protects an insured individual against financial losses arising due to a medical emergency. It covers medical treatment expenditures, such as ambulance charges, doctor consultation fees, and hospitalization, medicines and daycare procedures costs.
The payout is generally either made on actual expenses incurred in the hospital using original medical bills or diagnosis of diseases without submitting bills. Health insurance also provides easy access to medical treatment with a cashless facility at network hospitals of the insurer. Nowadays, various health insurance companies are offering coverage for domiciliary treatment, wherein medical supervision is provided at home for specific diseases.
The increasing costs of healthcare services, in confluence with the growing prevalence of diabetes, cancer, stroke and kidney failure, represent one of the key factors escalating the demand for health insurance worldwide. Moreover, governing agencies of several countries are making it necessary for employers to provide health insurance to their employees. These agencies are also enforcing laws that mandate international health insurance for tourists. Apart from this, the rising geriatric population is promoting the adoption of government health insurance programs or schemes offered at low premium rates.
Furthermore, growing health awareness and improving healthcare infrastructure are other factors bolstering the market growth. Besides this, various companies are providing cover for medical expenses incurred during the treatment of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19). They are also focusing on digitizing claim processing and policy management, which is anticipated to influence the market positively in the coming years.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global health insurance market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global health insurance market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the provider?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the plan type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the demographics?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the provider type?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global health insurance market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?
Key Topics Covered:
2 Scope and Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 Global Health Insurance Market
5.1 Market Overview
5.2 Market Performance
5.3 Impact of COVID-19
5.4 Market Forecast
6 Market Breakup by Provider Type
7 Market Breakup by Type
8 Market Breakup by Plan Type
9 Market Breakup by Demographics
10 Market Breakup by Provider Type
11 Market Breakup by Region
12 SWOT Analysis
13 Value Chain Analysis
14 Porters Five Forces Analysis
15 Price Analysis
16 Competitive Landscape
16.1 Market Structure
16.2 Key Players
16.3 Profiles of Key Players
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/hhzi8l
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900