The “Power Line Communication (PLC) Systems – Global Market Trajectory & Analytics” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Amid the COVID-19 crisis, the global market for Power Line Communication (PLC) Systems estimated at US$8.1 Billion in the year 2020, is projected to reach a revised size of US$25.2 Billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 17.6% over the period 2020-2027.
Broadband PLC, one of the segments analyzed in the report, is projected to record 16.5% CAGR and reach US$13.4 Billion by the end of the analysis period. After an early analysis of the business implications of the pandemic and its induced economic crisis, growth in the Narrowband PLC segment is readjusted to a revised 19% CAGR for the next 7-year period.
The U.S. Market is Estimated at $2.4 Billion, While China is Forecast to Grow at 17% CAGR
The Power Line Communication (PLC) Systems market in the U.S. is estimated at US$2.4 Billion in the year 2020. China, the world`s second largest economy, is forecast to reach a projected market size of US$4.4 Billion by the year 2027 trailing a CAGR of 17% over the analysis period 2020 to 2027.
Among the other noteworthy geographic markets are Japan and Canada, each forecast to grow at 15.6% and 15.3% respectively over the 2020-2027 period. Within Europe, Germany is forecast to grow at approximately 13% CAGR.
Select Competitors (Total 44 Featured):
- ABB Ltd.
- Aclara Technologies LLC
- Amperion, Inc.
- Atmel Corp.
- Billion Electric Co. Ltd.
- Cypress Semiconductor Corp.
- D-link System, Inc.
- Eaton Corp.
- Echelon Corp.
- Elster Group SE
- GE Grid Solutions
- Landis+Gyr AG
- Marvell Technology Group Ltd.
- Maxim Integrated Products, Inc.
- Microchip Technology, Inc.
- NXP Semiconductor NV
- Power Plus Communications AG
- Qualcomm Atheros, Inc.
- Renesas Electronics Corporation
- Semitech Semiconductor Pte Ltd.
- Siemens AG
- ST&T Electric Corporation
- STMicroelectronics N.V
- Texas Instruments Inc.
- TP-LINK Technologies Co., Ltd.
Key Topics Covered:
II. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Influencer Market Insights
- World Market Trajectories
- PLC Systems: Enabling Secure & Reliable Data Communication over Electric Power Lines
- Growth Drivers in a Nutshell
- Recent Market Activity
- The Ubiquity of Power Lines and Myriad Benefits of Power Line Communication (PLC) Technology Drive Widespread Adoption
- Advantages and Benefits of PLC Summarized
- PLC Enables Every Electrical Outlet in a Building to be a Medium of Communication
- Robust Demand from Electric Utilities Worldwide: The Fundamental Growth Driver
- Growing Prominence of Internet of Things (IoT) in Utilities to Benefit Penetration
- IEC 62488-2:2017 for PLC Systems for Power Utility Applications
- Global Market Outlook
- Developed Countries Dominate, while Emerging Economies Spearhead Market Growth
- Competitive Landscape
- Select Innovative PLC Systems & Solutions
- OPoLiCom: Optimized Powerline Communication System
- Cool Phoenix 3: Flexible Powerline Modem Solution
- Connect it! : Powerline Communication Solution Kit
- Hybrii-LB GV7013LB: SoC Equipped with Wideband (WB) PLC
- Impact of Covid-19 and a Looming Global Recession
2. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS
3. MARKET TRENDS & DRIVERS
- Growing Smart Grid Investments Focused on Cleaner and Smarter Future of Energy Delivery Drives Strong Demand for PLC Systems
- Smart Grid Landscape: List of Components & Systems for Power T&D Infrastructure, Communication Network, and Computing Platform
- PLC Smart Grid Access System
- Communication Services and Grid Management
- Internet Access
- Prevention of Electricity Theft
- Electric Vehicle Management and Distribution Automation
- PLC Systems to Deliver Tangible Benefits of Smart Grid and Smart Metering
- PLC: The Preferred Communication Technology for Integration of Electric Vehicles with the Smart Grid
- Need for Delivering More Proactive and Predictive Services Drives Demand for PLC based Advanced Metering Infrastructure
- PLC Technology Competes with RF and WMT in the Booming Smart Electricity Meters Market
- Non-Technical Energy Loss during Distribution Drives Demand for PLC-Based AMR
- PLC Support to Functional Areas beyond AMI
- Steady Proliferation of PLC Technology in Connected Outdoor Lighting Benefit Market Expansion
- Advantages of PLC Technology in Street Lamp Nodes Connected through Electric Network
- Connectivity and Control
- Integrated SoCs
- Open Standards
- Surging Popularity of Smart Cities and Smart Homes of the Future Necessitates Seamless PLC-Based Remote Management
- PLC Technology Enable Effective Control and Monitoring of Connected Homes
- PLC Solutions Enable Hassle-Free and Cost Effective Home Area Networking
- The Urgent Need to Bridge the Digital Divide between Urban and Rural Areas Boosts Demand for Broadband over Power Line (BPL)
- Key Issues and Challenges Hampering Widespread Adoption of BPL Systems
- PLCC Technology: Vital for Ensuring Reliability of Power Generation, Transmission and Distribution Networks
- Power Line Carriers and Power Line Communications
- Increasing Focus on Applications of PLC over DC Lines Bodes Well for the Market
- Power Line Communications: An Emerging Tool for Delivering Tele-Healthcare
- PLC Based Power Systems Aid in Reducing Downtime in Datacenters
4. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
III. MARKET ANALYSIS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/3gq28c
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900