Not yet officially announced but not exactly a secret either; intoPIX, leading expert in video compression for ProAV, has again extended its large range of JPEG XS codecs with the addition of the Flawless Imaging Profile (FIP) in its revolutionary “TicoXS FIP” Codec.
“ProAV manufacturers and integrators can stay ahead of the game with JPEG XS and the Flawless Imaging profile” delivered by intoPIX, says Jean-Baptiste Lorent, Director Marketing and Sales. “It has been engineered to enable the best AV distribution standards and workflows in 4K and 8K”.
The lightweight TicoXS FIP FPGA cores and software implementations allow indeed to distribute and extend 4K & 8K audio visual content with super low latency and perfect quality on both existing CAT5E ethernet cables and new WiFi-6 wireless technologies.
intoPIX is highlighting several key elements of all the benefits of TicoXS FIP, including:
- Microsecond latency with perfect image quality in any situation and with any content with frame accurate switching capabilities.
- Facilitated convergence between ProAV distribution and Media production. AVoIP Interoperability can be guaranteed thanks to the use of open specifications promoted via IPMX, SMPTE 2110 with the JPEG XS standard.
- Cost-efficiency and sustainability to carry 4K and 8K over existing 1 (ONE) Gigabit Ethernet network, using the largely deployed CAT5E cables. The video bandwidth is low enough to carry video, audio and other data over the same wire. JPEG XS with the Flawless Imaging Profile offers all the necessary advanced capabilities to compress the most demanding graphics, excel spreadsheets and test patterns on top of any gaming, cinema, live content at low bitrate, down to 36 to 1 if needed.
- Robust decoder with error control and recovery of any corrupted content, which makes it also ideal for unpredictable network transmission such as Wifi-6.
- Small 4K and 8K IP-cores for FPGA & ASIC available, with a combined low power, low memory usage and low footprint. Include support of 4:4:4, 4:2:2, 4:2:0 subsampling; 8,10,12 bit depth with HDR; and with reference designs available on both Xilinx & Intel FPGA platforms.
- Ultra-Fast Software encoder & decoder available on CPU and GPU, with also the new intoPIX Titanium Streaming SDK supporting SMPTE 2110 compressed streaming.
With TicoXS FIP, intoPIX is showing the smart path for the audio-visual industries to build more sustainable products and AV workflows, delivering the best performance in terms of quality, reliability, and user experience. The technology can be leveraged in many HD, 4K and 8K AV applications including: ProAV over IP distribution, ProAV & broadcast KVMs and desktop sharing, HDMI over IP, low latency Wifi-6 AV transmission, videowall and control room management.
IntoPIX welcomes all ProAV engineers, product managers and other stakeholders at its upcoming ProAV Virtual Event 2021 on Tuesday 30 November to discover the new TicoXS FIP and enjoy all the demos, or to directly contact the intoPIX Team to book a webmeeting.
intoPIX creates and licenses innovative image processing and compression solutions. We deliver unique IP-cores and efficient software solutions to manage more pixels, preserve quality with no latency, save cost & power and simplify storage and connectivity. We are passionate about offering people a higher quality image experience. Our solutions open the way to new AV workflows and new devices, reducing costs in HD, 4K or even 8K, replacing uncompressed video, and always preserving the lowest latency with the highest quality.
For additional information, visit www.intopix.com
Julie Van Roy
+32 10 23 84 70