The “MMORPG Gaming Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021-2026)” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global MMORPG gaming market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.5% during the forecast period of 2021-2026. The increasing trend for online gaming among millennials has led to the creation of a virtual world for video gamers, where they get a virtual economy, currency, trade environment, and real-time scenarios to deal with. The increasing gaming player bases, revenues, and investment in the gaming market across the globe are also aiding the growth of the MMORPG gaming market.
- The increasing penetration of the internet is boosting the growth of MMORPG gaming across the world. Access to the internet in developing economies such as India and Brazil, among other countries, is aiding internet users’ growth. According to the India Brand Equity Foundation, internet penetration in India accounted for 50% in February 2020 from 4% in 2007. Also, according to the data of GlobalWebIndex, it indicates that more than 1 billion people worldwide are now interested in internet streaming each month.
- With the help of advanced gaming technology, the game developers successfully keep the gamers engaged in the role-playing games and encourage them to stake more real money to receive the benefits or “boosters” over the games. This strategy has also facilitated the MMORPG game publishers and developers to generate more sales by retaining players and attracting others. According to the Enterprise Software Association, almost 50% of gamers have made a microtransaction in the past year.
- Among the various gaming platforms, the gaming console is also expected to witness considerable growth during the forecast period in the MMORPG market, owing to increasing gaming subscriptions among the players, increasing adoption of sport, and video game advertising. The rise of video games through consoles is growing and might show potential growth in the coming years. As a response to this trend, connectivity and entertainment providers could target the console gamers by offering console-related video services, such as live sports, fast broadband, and monetizing the audience more optimally through OTT ad-supported services.
- North America is expected to be the fastest-growing market for MMORPG gaming due to a significant rise in gaming across the United States and Canada population. According to the Enterprise Software Association, 60% of Americans play video games daily, and 56% of gamers play multiplayer games at least once a week. Over 30% of consumers pay for gaming subscription services. The gaming ecosystem in the region is witnessing the increasing adoption of direct-to-consumer subscription services from technology enabling companies.
- With an outbreak of the COVID-19, the market witnessed a positive growth with the increasing popularity of online multiplayer games, as people stayed at home for the maximum time, due to lockdowns being imposed by various governments as well as to stay safe from being affected. Mobile platform is witnessing a significant increase in consumer engagement with mobile-based gaming, especially in mobile-first markets, such as Asia, Middle East, and Latin America. According to Verizon, the usage of gaming apps rose 75% week-over-week during April 2020 and is expected to increase further.
Select Market Trends
- Mobile Platform is Expected to Grow at a Considerable Rate
- Latin America is Expected to Hold Significant Market Share
The MMORPG gaming market is fragmented in nature and comprises a large number of global and regional players. These players are majorly based in the Asia Pacific region and are focusing on expanding their consumer base. These gaming developers are investing more in the research and development activities to offer new solutions for gamers. The companies are also entering into strategic partnerships, and other organic & inorganic growth strategies to earn a competitive edge.
- July 2020 – Nexon Co. Ltd launched V4, a new AAA cross-platform MMORPG, on mobiles through the App Store and Google Play, It is developed by NAT GAMES Co. Ltd, a consolidated subsidiary of Nexon. V4 is powered by Unreal Engine 4 and delivers console-quality graphics and a AAA gameplay experience on mobile. Also, Nexon’s official V4 PC client allows cross-play and progression with a mobile account.
- June 2020 – Atari announced a partnership with Native Gaming and Black Dog Venture Partners to integrate the upcoming Atari Token in Native Gaming’s MMORPG.
Key Topics Covered
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.4 Impact of the COVID-19 on the Market
4.5 Market Drivers
4.5.1 Rising Smartphone Penetration and Increasing Penetration of Internet among Developing Economies
4.5.2 Technological Advancement such as IoT, AR, and VR
4.5.3 Emergence of Gamification
4.6 Market Challenges
4.6.1 Hardware and Connectivity Issue
4.6.2 Fraudulent Gaming Activities
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Gaming Platform
5.1.3 Gaming Console
5.2.1 North America
5.2.3 Asia Pacific
5.2.4 Latin America
5.2.5 Middle East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE INTELLIGENCE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Activision Blizzard Inc.
6.1.2 Electronic Arts Inc.
6.1.3 Ubisoft Entertainment SA
6.1.4 NCSOFT Corporation
6.1.5 Giant Interactive Group Inc.
6.1.6 Tencent Holdings Limited
6.1.7 Amazon Game Studios
6.1.8 Nexon Co. Ltd.
6.1.9 Jagex Limited
6.1.10 Bright Star Studios
6.1.11 Daybreak Game Company
6.1.12 CCP games UK Ltd.
6.1.13 Neteasegames Inc.
6.1.14 Aeria Games
6.1.15 Gravity Corporation
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 FUTURE OF THE MARKET
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/c5rx9j
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900