The “Qatar Greenhouse Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The Qatar greenhouse market reached a value of US$ 125 Million in 2020. Looking forward, the Qatar greenhouse market to exhibit strong growth during the forecast period (2021-2026).
Greenhouse is an outdoor structure which is built with roof and walls and are made up of transparent materials like glass, or plastic. It is equipped with high technology to control the temperature and stabilize the environment for the cultivation of various crops such as fruits, flowers, vegetables, etc.
The major factor driving the growth of the greenhouse market in Qatar is the ability to provide high yield production as compared to the traditional farming techniques. In order to increase the self-sufficiency and domestic agricultural production in the region, the demand for greenhouse has been rising in Qatar.
As Qatar has high temperature across the year, therefore, new techniques with advanced cooling technology is being introduced to increase the shelf life of the crops. Additionally, Ministry of Municipality and Environment (MME) announced 34 new agricultural strategic investment projects for vegetable production using the technology of greenhouses.
Also, the introduction of hydroponic greenhouse projects and the joint venture of various Spanish companies in Qatar have provided various profitable business in the country. Moreover, various other factors such as high capital investment, import dependent agriculture in Qatar and lack of awareness hinders the growth of the market.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global greenhouse market performed so far and how it will perform in the coming years?
- How has the Qatar greenhouse market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the Qatar greenhouse market?
- What is the breakup of the Qatar greenhouse market based on the types?
- What is the breakup of the Qatar greenhouse market based on the material used?
- What is the breakup of the Qatar greenhouse market based on the technology?
- What is the breakup of the Qatar greenhouse market based on the crop type?
- What are various import-export trends in Qatar greenhouse market?
- What are various government regulations and incentives taken for greenhouse market in Qatar?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the Qatar greenhouse market?
- What is the structure of the Qatar greenhouse market and who are the key players?
The report has also examined the competitive landscape of the Qatar greenhouse market. Some of the major players are
- Pergola Contracting & Green Houses
- Naas Group
- Qatari Agricultural Development Company (AGRICO)
- Horizon Doha
- Al Dafna Greenhouse
- Historical, Current and Future Market Trends
Market Breakup by Type:
- Free-standing Greenhouses
- Gutter-connected Greenhouses
Amongst these, gutter-connected greenhouse represents the leading type, holding the largest share.
Market Breakup by Material Used:
- Plastic Greenhouse
- Polymethyl Methacrylate (PMMA)
- Glass Greenhouse
- Horticulture Glass
- Others Greenhouse Glass
Among all the material types, plastic greenhouse represents the most popular material type, holding the largest market share.
Market Breakup by Technology:
- Heating System
- Cooling System
Among all the technology types, cooling systems dominate the market, holding the majority of the market share.
Market Breakup by Crop Type:
- Fruits and Vegetables
- Flowers and Ornamentals
- Nursery Crops
Among all the crop types, fruits and vegetables represents the most popular crop type, holding the largest share.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/5jbbdk
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900