The “2D and 3D Machine Vision Systems Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The 2D and 3D machine vision systems market was valued at USD 11.14 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 23.5 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 13.32% forecast period 2021 to 2026.
- Cognex Corporation
- Keyence Corporation
- Omron Corporation
- ISRA Vision AG
- IDS Imaging Development Systems GmbH
- National Instruments Corporation
- MVTec Software GmbH
- Sony Corporation
- Teledyne DALSA
- Toshiba Corporation
- Canon USA Inc.
- Sick AG
- Datalogic S.p.A
- Baumer Optronic GmbH
- Adimec Advanced Image Systems B.V.
- Allied Vision Technologies GmbH
Key Market Trends
Food and Beverages are Expected to Register a Significant Growth
- The food and beverage sector is one of the most significant markets for machine vision systems owing to growing safety culture and stringent government regulations forcing companies to adopt advance inspection procedures as a part of automation.
- The uniform and systematic application of machine vision in the food industry over the past decade is mainly attributed to continual developments in constituent methodologies, such as image processing and pattern recognition. Moreover, technological advancements have permitted feasible implementation of these machines at lower cost.
- Inspection of food (concerned predominantly with defects or contaminants), quality control, and in some cases, assembly control of more complex foods (pizzas and layer cakes) during the processing of food are some of the major areas of scope where the machine vision systems find applications.
- For instance, chocolate inspection is one such application where machine vision is utilized to control the amount of chocolate that reaches the product. Any change in the amount of chocolate may either increase the cost of the product or break the layer of chocolate, leading to product failure or consumer dissatisfaction.
- The rapid development in the computer technology and improved expectations of the customers and regulatory bodies have boosted the demand for food quality and safety, resulting in the increasing adoption of automated systems in the food industry.
North America is Expected to Hold a Significant Share in the Market
- North America is a substantial market for vendors offering solutions for machine vision. The regional market is expected to grow significantly over the forecast period, owing to the early adoption of automation in the manufacturing and healthcare industries.
- In North America, the sales of machine vision components and systems that provide vision intelligence to robots and other machines increased significantly in 2018, according to AIA, the industry trade group, and part of the Association for Advancing Automation (A3).
- In July 2019, Microchip Technology Corporation introduced its Smart Embedded Vision Initiative. The new ecosystem utilizes Microchip’s low-power PolarFireFPGAs with a series of high-speed imaging interfaces, intellectual property for image processing, and an enhanced ecosystem of outside partnerships. This initiative is designed to bolster machine vision advances for applications such as industrial, medical devices, automotive, and aerospace.
- In November 2019, First Sensor AG collaborated with a Canadian expert to produce image sensors for industrial visual inspection in the field of machine vision. The project has a duration of seven years.
- Beckhoff Automation introduced new TwinCAT Vision software at the US Pack Expo 2019. It adds a comprehensive image processing feature into the range of machine control programming and runtime in TwinCAT 3 (a software system with real-time control). It also enables users to harness the benefits of GigE Cameras on diverse machines and lines without requirements for separate, third-party vision systems.
Key Topics Covered:
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Increasing Need for Quality inspection and Automation
4.2.2 Growing Application of the Internet of Things in the Industrial Sector
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Lack of Efficient System Operators due to Inadequate Training to Hamper the Growth
4.4 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Assessment of Impact of Covid-19 on the Market
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
18.104.22.168 Vision Systems
22.214.171.124 Optics and Illumination Systems
126.96.36.199 Frame Grabber
188.8.131.52 Other Types of Hardware
5.2.2 Smart Camera-based
5.3 End user Industry
5.3.1 Food and Beverage
5.3.2 Medical Devices
5.3.5 Electronics and Semiconductors
5.3.6 Other End user Industries
5.4.1 North America
5.4.3 Asia Pacific
5.4.4 Rest of the World
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 FUTURE OF THE MARKET
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/71phxs
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900