The “Antimicrobial Packaging Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The antimicrobial packaging market is expected to register a CAGR of 5.89% over the forecast period 2021 – 2026.
- BASF SE
- Bayer AG
- Mondi Group
- Avient Corporation
- BioCote Limited
- Sciessent LLC
- Covestro AG
- Dunmore Corporation
- Microban International
- Sealed Air Corporation
- Takex Labo Co. Ltd.
Key Market Trends
Plastics Material is expected to Drive the Market’s Growth
- Antimicrobial plastics deliver active agents into food products, helping to restrain the growth of microorganisms and enhance shelf life. These releasing compounds keep food quality and decrease the need for preservatives and additives, thus aiding to maintain health and fitness. These elements are used to preserve the plastic products, tablets, and medical equipment against bacteria and fungal outgrowth.
- The healthcare industry is the prime consumer of this packaging method. The increasing demand for recycling disposable medical products, such as connectors, tubing, syringes, and connectors, as well as a wide variety of molded parts, has been providing innumerable opportunities for the development of antimicrobial solutions, as it offers numerous advantages, such as cleanliness, sterility, ease of use, convenience, and low cost, over traditional materials.
- Furthermore, microbial contamination, intricate epidemiological situations, healthcare-associated infections (HAIs), and infection risks in hospitals and dental equipment drive the need for the prevention of microbial infections. According to the US Department of Health & Human Services, 1 in 25 US hospital patients is diagnosed with at least one infection related to hospital care alone, every year.
- Besides, in hospitals and care homes, products, such as beds, cubicle curtains, handrails, nurse call systems, floors, door handles, pull cords, and case noteholders, require this packaging method. The growing healthcare-associated infections in the healthcare industry are expected to increase significantly over the forecast period.
- Similarly, In the pharmaceutical sector, preservatives, such as ethanol, cresol, phenol, bronopol, and parabens, are added to these products to defend against microbial contamination. These elements are used to preserve the tablets and medical equipment against bacteria and fungal outgrowth.
APAC Holds a Dominant Position in Antimicrobial Packaging
- The Asia Pacific region is expected to dominate the overall market of antimicrobial packaging over the forecast period. Factors such as the rising demand for food between the youths & adults are anticipated to fuel the growth of the Asia Pacific antimicrobial packaging market over the forecast period. Further, factors such as the increasing prevalence of diseases are envisioned, increasing the global antimicrobial packaging market in the Asia Pacific over the forecast period.
- Moreover, Asia Pacific is poised to witness an impressive demand for antimicrobial packaging materials. This is also due to the rising preference for convenience food, consumer awareness, and a fast-paced lifestyle that can further create growth opportunities in this region.
- Asia-Pacific offers potential growth opportunities, as developing countries such as China and India are predicted to be emerging markets, making this region also the most agile burgeoning market for antimicrobial packaging. The maturity of the antimicrobial packaging market in this region is also propelled by factors such as the growth of the healthcare, food & beverage, consumer goods, personal care, and agricultural products industry. Also, the growing population and economic development are other factors.
- Due to fluctuations in the raw material prices, stringent compliance to regulations, and the need for continuous technological advancements and research & development in APAC, the companies are exposed to possible risks. They are limiting the growth of the antimicrobial packaging market.
Key Topics Covered:
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.2.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.2.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Market Drivers
4.3.1 Rising Consumer Awareness about Health Related Issues
4.3.2 Growing Concerns About Food Wastage
4.3.3 Increasing Demand From the Healthcare Sector
4.4 Market Restraints
4.4.1 Raw Material Price Fluctuation
4.4.2 Compliance to Strict Government Regulations
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Industry
4.7 Impact of Government Funded Projects, Efforts by Research Organizations and Universities and Company Developments for Antimicrobial Packaging on the Market
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.3.1 North America
5.3.3 Asia Pacific
5.3.4 Latin America
5.3.5 Middle East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 BASF SE
6.1.2 Bayer AG
6.1.3 Mondi Group
6.1.4 Avient Corporation
6.1.5 BioCote Limited
6.1.6 Sciessent LLC
6.1.7 Covestro AG
6.1.8 Dunmore Corporation
6.1.9 Microban International
6.1.10 Sealed Air Corporation
6.1.11 Takex Labo Co. Ltd.
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 FUTURE OF THE MARKET
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/epqpmo
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900