The “Email Encryption Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The email encryption market is projected to grow at 15.2% CAGR during the forecast period of 2021-2026.
The technology penetration among small and medium enterprises has increased the use of email for sharing information amongst its clients and employees. These business emails often carry confidential data which is required to be protected from theft and manipulation. Email encryption is a crucial tool that helps businesses to safeguard their information from malicious programmers or scammers.
- Broadcom Inc.
- Micro Focus International plc
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Sophos Ltd.
- Trend Micro Incorporated
- Virtru Corporation
- CipherMail B.V.
- Proton Technologies AG
- Proofpoint Inc.
- BAE Systems plc
Key Market Trends
BFSI Industry is Expected to Grow at a Significant Rate Over the Forecast Period
- With the increasing adoption of online banking and other financial services, insider threats have also increased significantly. According to Proofpoint’s statistics, the financial services sector spent more to contain insider threats per incident than any other industry. Over the last two years, the average BFSI companies’ spend was USD 14.3 million to avoid a threat incident versus USD 11.54 million for energy & power companies and USD 10.24 million for the retail companies.
- In July 2019, Capital One Financial Corporation announced that it determined there was unauthorized access by cybercriminals who obtained certain types of personal information relating to customers who had applied for its credit card products.
- Banking giants like JPMorgan Chase & Co. use TLS, a standard encryption protocol for their e-communications and attachments, which can include customers’ personal, confidential, or other sensitive data.
- Email encryption solution providers are also focusing on cutting-edge technology-enabled solution development to mitigate the security risk of BFSI players. For instance, in February 2020, Trustifi, a SaaS email security company, announced the launch of a solution that simplifies the receipt and transmission of encrypted emails. This solution is making it easy to send a 256-bit AES encryption as it is to send any other email. This newly developed solution allows users to send encrypted emails only by clicking a checkbox in Gmail or Microsoft Outlook.
North America Geographic Segment is Expected to Hold a Significant Share Throughout the Forecast Period
- The significant presence of technology providers and increasing cases of infected emails drive the growth of the North American geographic segment. The players in this region are focusing on entering into partnerships, merger-acquisitions, and innovative solutions offerings to stay in the regional and globally competitive landscape.
- As the statistics of Kaspersky Lab, in the last one month (14th May to 13th June 2020), the highest number of infected mail caused by Hoax.Script.Mailoy.gen (12.6%), Trojan.Script.Generic (10.3%), Trojan.Win32.Agentb.gen (9.2%), and Trojan-PSW.MSIL.Agensla.gen (9.1%). As these threats are increasing day by day across North America, is driving the adoption of encrypted emails in the region.
- In May 2019, WireWheel, which is a provider of data privacy management solutions, announced a strategic partnership with Virtru, a data protection platform provider. The alliance’s combined solutions help enterprises to meet increasingly stringent compliance regulations and increasing customer expectations for how customer data is collected, processed, and shared.
- Technology giants present in the region are also investing more in detecting email threats at the time of the worldwide pandemic, further driving the growth of the market in this region. As stated by Microsoft in April 2020, it tracks thousands of email phishing campaigns that cover millions of fraud messages every week. Email phishing campaigns which are more than just one targeted email for one targeted user. Among the millions of targeted fraudulent messages the users see each day, roughly 60,000 include COVID-19 related malicious URLs.
Key Topics Covered:
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
5 MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Rising Instances of Enterprise Email Threats
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Inefficient Usage of Encryption Keys
6 IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON THE EMAIL ENCRYPTION MARKET
7 MARKET SEGMENTATION
7.1 By Component Type
7.2 By Deployment
7.3 By Enterprise Size
7.3.1 Small & Medium Enterprises
7.3.2 Large Enterprises
7.4 By End-user Verticals
7.4.1 IT & Telecommunication
7.4.3 Government & Defense
7.4.6 Other End-use Verticals (Energy and Power, Travel & Tourism, Educational Institutions)
7.5.1 North America
7.5.3 Asia Pacific
7.5.4 Latin America
7.5.5 Middle East and Africa
8 COMPETITIVE INTELLIGENCE
8.1 Company Profiles
9 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
10 FUTURE OF THE MARKET
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/73341y
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900