The “Progressive Familial Intrahepatic Cholestasis Type 2 Treatment Market – Size, Share, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2019 – 2027” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Progressive familial intrahepatic cholestasis type 2 (PFIC2) is a rare condition that affects the liver. People with this condition generally develop signs and symptoms during infancy, which may include severe itching, jaundice, portal hypertension (high blood pressure in the vein that provides blood to the liver) and hepatosplenomegaly (enlarged liver and spleen). PFIC2 generally progresses to liver failure in the first few years of life. Affected people also have an increased risk of developing hepatocellular carcinoma (a form of liver cancer). PFIC2 is caused by change (mutations) in the ABCB11 gene and is inherited in an autosomal recessive manner. Treatment options include ursodeoxycholic acid therapy to prevent liver damage, surgery, and/or liver transplantation. There are three known types of PFIC: PFIC1, PFIC2, and PFIC3.
Increasing awareness about progressive familial intrahepatic cholestasis type 2 disease is expected to provide more opportunities for players in the progressive familial intrahepatic cholestasis type 2 treatment market in the near future. For instance, on October 3, 2019, Albireo Pharma, Inc., a clinical-stage orphan pediatric liver disease company developing novel bile acid modulators, announced its support for PFIC Awareness Day and reaffirmed its commitment to patients and families living with progressive familial intrahepatic cholestasis (PFIC).
However, higher economic growth in low- and middle-income countries has not closed the gap in health spending, and global inequity in health spending has remained largely unchanged. For instance, according to a report on ‘New Perspectives on Global Health Spending for Universal Health Coverage’ by WHO published in 2015, high-income countries with only 16% of the world’s population, account for 80% of global health spending. Conversely, 76% of the world’s population live in middle-income countries, but these account for less than 20% of global health spending. Low-income countries, with more than half a billion people, accounted for less than 1% of the world’s health spending in 2015. Thus, low healthcare spending in low income countries limits such countries for research and development of new drugs for treatment of rare diseases.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- AbbVie, Inc.
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Limited
- Par Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Mylan N. V.
- Sanofi S.A.
- Novartis International AG
- Akorn, Inc.
- Albireo Pharma, Inc.
- Mirum Pharmaceuticals
Key features of the study:
- This report provides in-depth analysis of the global progressive familial intrahepatic cholestasis type 2 treatment market, market size (US$ Mn), and compound annual growth rate (CAGR (%)) for the forecast period: 2020-2027, considering 2019 as the base year
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunity across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrix for this market
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new product launches or approvals, market trends, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by leading players
- It profiles key players in the global progressive familial intrahepatic cholestasis type 2 treatment market based on the following parameters – company overview, financial performance, product portfolio, geographical presence, distribution strategies, key developments, and strategies
- Key players covered as a part of this study include Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., AbbVie, Inc., Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Limited, Par Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Mylan Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Sanofi S.A., Novartis International AG, Akorn, Inc., Albireo Pharma, Inc. and Mirum Pharmaceuticals
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and management authorities of companies to make informed decisions with respect to future product launches, governmental initiatives, technological up-gradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- The global progressive familial intrahepatic cholestasis type 2 treatment market report caters to various stakeholders in this industry, including investors, product manufacturers, distributors, and suppliers for progressive familial intrahepatic cholestasis type 2 treatment market, research and consulting firms, new entrants, and financial analysts
Key Topics Covered:
1. Research Objectives and Assumptions
2. Market Overview
3. Market Dynamics, Regulations, and Trends Analysis
- Market Opportunities
- Impact Analysis
- Key Developments
- Regulatory Scenario
- PEST Analysis
- Pipeline Analysis
- Diagnosis and Treatment Overview
- Prescription Pattern
- Physicians Preferences and Views
4. Impact of COVID-19 on Progressive Familial Intrahepatic Cholestasis Type 2 Treatment Market
- Impact on Supply Chain of Pharmaceutical Industry
- Impact on PFIC Type 2 Patients
5. Global Progressive Familial Intrahepatic Cholestasis Type 2 Treatment Market , By Drug, 2016 – 2027, (US$ Million)
6. Global Progressive Familial Intrahepatic Cholestasis Type 2 Treatment Market, By Distribution Channel, 2016 – 2027, (US$ Million)
7. Global Progressive Familial Intrahepatic Cholestasis Type 2 Treatment Market, By Region, 2016 – 2027, (US$ Million)
8. Competitive Landscape
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/66s8d2
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210716005403/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900