The “Security Printing Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The Security Printing Market was valued at USD 29.78 billion at a CAGR of over 4.5% during the forecast period, 2021 – 2026.
- ANY Security Printing Company
- De La Rue plc
- Drewsen specialty papers GmbH & Co. KG
- Royal Mint (Fabrica Nacional de Moneda y Timbre)
- Giesecke+Devrient Currency Technology GmbH
- Orell Fussli Security Printing
- PAGEMARK Technology
- Penzjegynyomda Zrt
Key Market Trends
Banknotes Holds the Significant Share in The Market
- Due to the increase in both domestic and international polymer counterfeiting globally, it stands as a major factor in the decision by the Bank to begin upgrading banknotes. The substrate of most banknotes is made of paper, almost always from cotton fibers for strength and durability. In some cases, linen or specialty coloured or forensic fibers are added to give the paper added individuality and protect against counterfeiting.
- Various new techniques related to security features are being innovated to enhance the security of banknotes. For instance, in Oct 2019, Nanotech Security Corp. launched its KolourDepth banknote security feature. KolourDepth combines 3D, multi-color, and movement for inherent authentication and unparalleled currency security which are all in one design. With a combination of unique visual design options, proprietary algorithms, and specialized manufacturing techniques, KolourDepth delivers effortless authentication with wide-ranging visual effects.
- The euro banknote series is a legal tender throughout the euro area comprises seven different denominations such as EUR 5, EUR 10, EUR 20, EUR 50, EUR 100, EUR 200, and EUR 500. Euro banknotes integrate various security features to help users recognize an authentic banknote at a glance. It only takes a few seconds to check a banknote by feeling it, looking at it and tilting it.
- Euro banknotes, which are fabricated of pure cotton paper, automatically deteriorate with use. The printing of the notes is set according to a method of “decentralized pooling” in which each Eurosystem printing works has a production run restricted to certain denominations, and special attention is paid to counterfeiting, to the quality of the banknotes and the production processes, and to environmental protection.
Asia-Pacific Account for Significant Market Growth
- Asia-Pacific is expected to gain significant market growth. In various countries, the issue regarding counterfeiting is increasing especially in banknotes. Governments of various countries are taking measures to prevent the misuse with fake currency, fake passport, fake visas, etc.
- For instance, in China, in Aug 2019, a new edition of the fifth series of China’s currency the renminbi, or the yuan, was officially launched with brighter colors and more enlightened anti-counterfeiting features. The 2019 edition includes new fifty, twenty, ten and one-yuan banknotes and coins of one yuan, 0.5 yuan and 0.1 yuan.
- The 17th High-Security Printing Asia conference that took place in Hanoi, Vietnam on 3-5 December 2018, was split into two parallel tracks, where one focuses on currency and the other on travel and identity documents. The following session presented the new Hong Kong Series, the new Solomon Islands USD 40 note as well as Nepal’s national eID card project, the Philippines Seafarer eID card, and Malaysia’s new ePassport. These networking opportunities will give more growth to the Security Printing market in the forecasted period.
- However, various players are keen to assist in Asian security features in banknotes, passports, IDs, etc. For instance, in Nov 2019, Toppan, a prominent leader in communication, security, packaging, decor materials, and electronics solutions announced to present advanced solutions at High-Security Printing ASIA. They will be displaying its security solutions for banknotes and ID cards which is to be held at the InterContinental Yokohama Grand hotel in Yokohama, Japan.
Key Topics Covered:
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
4.3 Market Drivers
4.3.1 Growth in Tourism Sector
4.3.2 Law Enforcement Combined Security Regulations
4.4 Market Restraints
4.4.1 Transition Toward Cashless Economy and Digitization
4.5 Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Force Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Applications
22.214.171.124 Cheques and Payment Cards
5.1.2 Personal ID
126.96.36.199 Travel Ticket
188.8.131.52 Event Ticket
5.1.4 Other Applications
5.2.1 North America
5.2.4 Latin America
5.2.5 Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/dkon13
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900