The “System in Package Technology Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The system in package technology market is expected to register a CAGR of 8% over the forecast period 2021 – 2026.
- Amkor Technology Inc.
- ASE Group
- Samsung Electronics Co Ltd.
- Powertech Technologies Inc.
- Fujitsu Ltd.
- Toshiba Corporation
- Renesas Electronics Corporation
- ChipMOS Technologies Inc.
- Jiangsu Changjiang Electronics Technology Co. Ltd.
- Powertech Technologies Inc.
- Siliconware Precision Industries Co.
- Freescale Semiconductor Inc.
Key Market Trends
Automotive Industry Will Witness Significant Growth
- The automotive sector especially electric vehicles will experience growth in the forecast period due to the growing sensitivity of fossil fuel and increasing government measures towards a cleaner environment. For instance, in automotive sectors, giants like General Motors plans to release autonomous (driverless car) cars in 2021 while AUDI collaborated with Nvidia to develop a capability for the non-human supervised car models. The prototype of this highly automated car is based on AUDI’s Q7 car model. SIP technology is used in smart and electric vehicles in its electric components such as power modules (ADI Modules), sensors (MEMS), transmission control unit, vehicle central infotainment unit, single-chip module, etc.
- Growing requirement of compact sensors with integrates packaging technologies such as image sensors, environment sensors and controllers are propelling the manufacturers to develop various ICs with a high standard of safety, rapid time-to-market, and cost-effectiveness for various functions that smart automotive requires.
- For instance, in 2019 ON Semiconductor has developed a portfolio of sensors for automotive including the next-generation RGB-IR image sensor solution for in-cabin applications and the Hayabusa family of CMOS image sensors for advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS) and viewing automotive camera systems.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted the automotive industry across the globe. Most of the manufacturing units have been halted due to the risk of COVID-19 poses to vulnerable workers and other citizen in turn has hampered the growth of the SIP technology market temporarily. Automobile companies are stepping in to manufacture necessary medical devices to meet the hospital demand. Tesla has already created a prototype ventilator that uses parts adapted from electric vehicles and has promised to produce ventilator for treatment of patients. But some of the automakers are looking for fast track plans for agile manufacturing processes and supply chains to meet the volatile demand environment after the Covid-19.
North America is Expected to Witness Significant Growth
- North America is expected to grow the demand for system in package technology due to increase implementation of connected devices, rapid investment for expansion of 5G, and adoption of robots across all the sectors to automate the various workflow for better efficiency.
- RF power amplifier and baseband processor are used for optical communications, satellite communications, high-speed pulse experiments, data transmission, radar, and antenna measurement. Rapid penetration of 5G in North America is growing the demand for SIP technology. For instance, Ericsson’s 2019 report on the mobile industry has predicted that by 2024 there may be 1.9 billion 5G cellular subscriptions that may drive the growth of IoT devices. The North American market is expected to grow most with 63% of mobile subscriptions with 5G service, and 47% of cellular subscribers in East Asia may have 5G access as well due to reductions in chipset prices and the expansion of cellular technologies, such as NB-IoT and Cat-M1.
- Rapid demand of microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) in medical systems such as blood pressure sensor, muscle stimulators and drug delivery systems, implanted pressure sensors, miniature analytical instruments and pacemakers is growing the market in United States due to increase in various chronic diseases.
Key Topics Covered:
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Growing demand for miniaturization of electronic devices
4.2.2 Rapid Technological Advances Led to Cost Reduction
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Thermal Issues Due to Higher level of Integration
4.4 Value Chain Analysis
4.5 Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.6 Assessment of COVID-19 Impact on the Industry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.2 Package Technology
5.3 Packaging Method
5.6.1 North America
5.6.4 Latin America
5.6.5 Middle East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/80au5n
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900